Album: Variegated Daylily

I have a Pardon Me daylily that's been in a container for about...5 years? It's running a little behind this year because I had to repot it, but I noticed there were some variegated leaves sprouting along the edge. I've been watching it, and noticed today that it's shooting up a scape, and that scape is white. The buds are pale, too. Is this something you see from time to time with daylilies, or do I actually have a mutation of some sort? Oh, that's lemon thyme around the base that, ironically, used to be variegated.

Variegated Daylily

Updated May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011  
May 3, 2011  
Jul 3, 2009  
Jul 3, 2009  
Jul 3, 2009  
Jul 4, 2009  
Loading Photos......
Loading Photos......
Blueaussi
I have a Pardon Me daylily that's been in a container for about...5 years? It's running a little behind this year because I had to repot it, but I noticed there were some variegated leaves sprouting along the edge. I've been watching it, and noticed today that it's shooting up a scape, and that scape is white. The buds are pale, too. Is this something you see from time to time with daylilies, or do I actually have a mutation of some sort? Oh, that's lemon thyme around the base that, ironically, used to be variegated.

Actions