Rosemary's Fairies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

ladyhawthorne

My boyfrined took this macro shot of rosemary blossoms and you know how tiny they are. I thought they looked like fairies showing off the bustles on their gowns.
I also grow several kinds of basil, sage and lemongrass. And I have a one leaved bay laurel that keeps hanging in there. lol
Who else gorws herbs???

Attachments

• rosemarys fairies.jpg
    rosemarys fairies.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 391

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
also grow herbs...I have nothing at the moment though...finally bought a new place a few moths ago...and so willbe staring all over...have a place on the west side of the house that I think was and will be again an herb garden...I have been working on getting it cleaned up and mulched...have to get some pictures and have everyone help me lay it out ...along with all the other yards..
Love the picture...very pretty

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi lady hawthorne love the pic. My rosemary hasn't bloomed for awhile. I have rosemary,sage,chives, orgeno,marjoram,tarragon,and flat leafed parley growing right now oh yeah some thyme.and some fennel. I love to walk through the garden. It smells so good.

ladyhawthorne

dill

I almost forgot, I grew a lovely stand of dill and we did have one visitor that really loved it!:D

Attachments

• before the flight.jpg
    before the flight.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 376

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh and they really love it, too. I remember thinking mine looked so good one day and a visitor ate it all by the next

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know what you mean about thinking the biggest butterfly is your catapiller. I just had the one plant in a container on the third floor balcony so I was just so disappointed. Now I have dirt so I don't worry so much. I had several catapillers last summer who chowed down really good and I still had plenty left. I have some pictures of some of my garden visitors from last summer. Maybe I can resize them and post.

M

Mari-Jo

Hello ladyhawthorne...........we did meet on GG.............great pics, and I don't balme your visitor wanting to eat the dill...........lol.......love dill!

ladyhawthorne

yup, we met on GG. Most years I plant fennel just for the caterpillars, but this year i did dill, they didn't seem to mind. I like all the critters except maybe the fireants.
I did find a great organic fire ant killer though that actually works. It's made with orange oil and compost tea. Will have to dig out the bottle to get the name if anyone is interested.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I alway have a scarificial area of the garden. I plant left over seeds in no order and let the pest have at them. I then treat the rest of the garden with my organic potions! works great.
I love my herbs especially cilantro & parsley. I have a rosemary tree in a pot inside I hope it makes it through the winter. It will be trimmed tomorrow to go with Tom for dinner;)

Maggie

Crabbergirl, I used to keep my rosemary tree in a pot but 2 years ago I decided to plant it in the garden and it is doing better than ever. I was afraid it would freeze during the winter but it has a few blooms on it now. Neither drought or cold temps. seem to bother it. It does need a trim tho.

S

Sproutling

I grow Herbs and so does my darling little Kitty!
She grows because of easy care and she cooks with them to please anyones tastebuds!
I on the other hand grow them to look at and companion plant, to bring in the beneficial (butterflies etc) and I use them for keeping pest away from my flowers,veggies and Roses!

I grow Anise Hyssop,basils, parsleys, oreganos, thymes,chive, garlics, onion, mints,sage, dill,goldenrod, lavenders,coriander,dandilion(lol) fever few, clover,safflower,tansy,passion flower, wormwoods,woodruff.

And not sure who I missed.I think these are all herbs...My daughter grows some I can't think of now.Hers are mostly perennials she takes pride in.

Sproutling..:D

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sproutling

My boyfrined took this macro shot of rosemary blossoms and you know how tiny they are. I thought they looked like fairies showing off the bustles on their gowns.
I also grow several kinds of basil, sage and lemongrass. And I have a one leaved bay laurel that keeps hanging in there. lol
Who else grows herbs???

Beautiful !
Rosemary doesn't flower for us here in MI!Very nice I will show my daughter!

Sproutling

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Back when I lived in Kansas I could not overwinter the rosemary. I would take it in and keep it right up til spring then I would kill it. I got it to bloom in the house but then I guess I took it out too soon cause it would die. Down here in Texas I have it in the ground. It is growning so nicely. I love walking by it cause it smells sooo good. I like living here in Texas. I can grow so many more plants.

Maggie

I called mine a tree but its really a big bush. I went out and looked at it today and it is so pretty and green. When I bought it it was was so small I didn't realize they got this big.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com