Buggers getting my hostas and primroses

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hikermann

Have quite a few hostas, most of which are quite healthy -- but there are several that seem to be chewer-magnets; well-supplied with Buggetta pellets, etc., but that doesn't seem to faze the buggers; any suggestions what might be at work here and how to send them to some other nirvana? Thanks!

Attachments

• Plants.jpg
    Plants.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 336
Hi Hiker!
Yup!
Slugs love them!
Question: Do you water your plants daily?
Constantly moist soil is a good breeding ground for slugs and other plant pests as well as molds and fungi.
I found that not watering my hostas (unless they wilt) and depend on rainfall tends to keep slugs and other pests under control.
Primrose and hosta do well with dry soil conditions.

Hi Hiker!
Yup!
Slugs love them!
Question: Do you water your plants daily?
Constantly moist soil is a good breeding ground for slugs and other plant pests as well as molds and fungi.
I found that not watering my hostas (unless they wilt) and depend on rainfall tends to keep slugs and other pests under control.
Primrose and hosta do well with dry soil conditions.

Thanks!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back