Roast Pumpkin Seeds....

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Prowl

Anyone Do Them? If So Please will You share Temps {Will need them in *C if Possable} and How Long To Roast
:) THANKS :)

Thank You Kya D.
Will Deffantly Check Them Out....
Dad Gave me Something that is Rather Large, Rather Round and Rather Orange...

Don't Know... would like to Share it with Mum, Too Big for Just me... Maybe make some Pies or Something... ***Shrug***

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this when you psted it...We droast them every year...some we do with a bit of olive oile and salt...but most we just use sea salt spread out on a cookie sheet and roast slow...any where from 250 to 300 degrees...YUMMY in my tummy

I soak mine in cool water with a teaspoon of salt per cup of water for an hour. Drain,place on nonstick cookie sheet. Sprinkle with popcorn or sea salt or desired spices. Roast for 15 mins,stir and continue roasting at 250F (121C) until dry and golden.

Do you eat the shells too? I've tried getting the kernels out and it seems to be too much work to fool around with them.

We love roasted pumpkin seeds. And you can do so many flavors like adding a little nutmeg and brown sugar together and the rolling damp uncooked seeds in it before you roast! Good stuff.

Do you eat the shells too? I've tried getting the kernels out and it seems to be too much work to fool around with them.

I do...
Like You say it's too much Fuss, Have tried to shell them but I don't think it's worth it....

sometime I shell them if they are nice big seeds...but for the most part we eat shell and all..

love the idea nanci about adding different seasonings

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back