Another Canadian

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

smiley_face2

What a treat to see so many old friends!! in a forum format I can live with!! lol... you can't teach an old dog new tricks applies to me very well. I'm very glad it's Bob running the show here, and I look forward to chatting with all of you once again! Let's make this a great place like to old old old GG used to be!
Oh and a big thankyou to Maingal for showing me the way here!! :)
ps... Jules, do you still talk to Penny&Rusty?

Last edited:

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are welcome Smiley.I know how much I enjoy it here so trying to get the word out and get some of the old timers back together. It's wonderful to see so many old friends all in one place again and hopefully more will be coming.
P&R is an old familiar name.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
smiley---so good to see you here...welcome had been wondering where my cuz had gotten off to...:)

M

Mari-Jo

Good to see you smiley..........yes, so many familiar names............:)

smiley_face2

smiley---so good to see you here...welcome had been wondering where my cuz had gotten off to...:)

:D Hi cousin!! lol... I just found it too hard to navigate the other forums, I really like this format! That's not a good excuse to lose touch with such nice people though!

Jules

What a treat to see so many old friends!! in a forum format I can live with!! lol... you can't teach an old dog new tricks applies to me very well. I'm very glad it's Bob running the show here, and I look forward to chatting with all of you once again! Let's make this a great place like to old old old GG used to be!
Oh and a big thankyou to Maingal for showing me the way here!! :)
ps... Jules, do you still talk to Penny&Rusty?
OMG - SMILEY....so good to see you too. I think of you often - and hope all is good with you and your family. We are so lucky that Bob took the leap to develop this forum for us ..... there is no doubt in my mind this is going to be a success....just look at the gardening friends who have gathered here already! How is my favourite place in the world....gonna get out there soon to do the trip that was cancelled!
No - never hear from P&R...do you? I have her email addy and can send her a link to this site....will do that right now.
I am just so ecstatic seeing everyone popping in here....good to have the gang back again -thanks Bob.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
:D Hi cousin!! lol... I just found it too hard to navigate the other forums, I really like this format! That's not a good excuse to lose touch with such nice people though!

I totally understand....Now look we are all trickling back in for a grandgarden party. How is your hubby doing?

oremudpie

Smiley face
Its nice to meet you..I'm neighbor down the road in Salem, not far from Debe..Its just neat to see so many canadians on the boards and everyone is talking..
Have a good day
melanie

smiley_face2

Debe... he's all recovered! it took a few months though! right now, he's been off work for 7 weeks due to the economic slowdown.
We are getting by, but only just. If it goes on for very long we will have to think of something else to do.
Our son and daughter in law have 3 little ones now, and a mortgage that turns my stomache to think about trying to make those big payments.... he's been off work same as hubby (they work for the same company) my hubby has been going with him cutting firewood to sell. It's costing us money for him to do it, but like he says, it's good exercise, and helps them out a lot. I hope this all ends soon.
Of course the silver lining is that he gets to spend a lot of time with the kids, and is giving his wife a bit of help around the house, and my hubby has been doing some of the hobbies he's not had time for, like making burl wood tables, candle holders, and he's working on a a burlwood island for my kitchen!! :)
Nice to meet you too Melanie! We spent a while in Oregon this past summer. Hubby and I went on a road trip down to California and meandered back along the coast and through Oregon. He really loves southern Oregon because of all the really big trees!! lol... stayed in Eureka, went to a logging museum/cookhouse for breakfast, what a beautiful town that is!!
I keep editing to add on to one post rather than reply to each post...
Jules!! I'm glad you are doing well! Hope the family is too! we've had our ups and downs the past year, some heart break and some joy. It's never easy is it?! But... if you did not have rough times, you would not appreciate the good times as much!

Last edited:

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
janet, I am glad to hear your DH is all healed up and getting to spend time with the kids...not happy to hear times are a bit rough right now...seems it is a norm for most of us as late....been a bit tight here also...but the Lord has been faithful to meet all our needs...you can always come move into one of the greenhouses dear...:D and the next tiem you do California way you better give a call...

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Smiley
Glad to hear hubby is doiing good. The economy is hurting everyone. I did manage to meet Swindy, Brassi and another gal that is suppose to be on here but she isn't yet that lives in RI in person this yr. Will be emailing Kym to see where she is...lol Last yr, I went to Randy's and got to meet Debe, Gardengoddess, Scarez, MSBL and had an awesome time.

S

Sproutling

Welcome Smilie Face! When picking a username I though of yours then recalled you had it and may join here so Sproutling is what I am *LOL

Hello All my friends! Noting like smilie faces!

Sproutling:)

smiley_face2

Lol... hi all again! I came here thinking..." I made a mistake in my US georgraphy... Eureka was in Northern California!" I hoped I could fix it before anyone noticed... Oh well, I really meant that whole area, right from the Avenue of Giants and the Humbolt forest up along the coast of Oregon. Just stunning!! and of course further south, down at Big Sur, all those beautiful little communities, like Carmel. Anyway...I love it down there!!

Jules

I hear ya Smiley....it is the same here - good days, bad days - you know what I mean ;) But - one has to keep going and be supportive and have faith. Your trip sounds the same as the one I took with my folks when I was 10 years old!!! We stayed in Eureka too - funny that I remember that place - and all the big redwoods - they were very impressive!
How old are your grandkids now? Is Haley in school now? ( think that is the name of your oldest - correct me if I am wrong!)

smiley_face2

:) good on you for remembering!! I can barely remember my own name most days... seriously, I'm so very bad with names, I really make an effort and they still slip away...
Yes Hailey... she will be starting kindergarden next September. She's such a little lady, really good sense of humor too...must have got that from her grandma.... ;)
I had made that trip when I was about that age too!! and there are still some of those places in the Redwood forest that we visited then...it brought back a lot of good memories, and made me all teary eyed with missing them.

Sashweezy

Sorry to hear that your DH & DS are having probs. when it comes to work. It's getting pretty bad here too. So much unemployment. It's really sad. Now the car manufacturers are laying off bigtime.

I hope everything gets better for your family soon.

smiley_face2

Thanks Sash... It's the auto sector back there, and the forest industry here. They keep talking about helping, but so far nothing. Ah well, we will weather the storm like we always have!! :) seriously, he was working far too much anyway... leaving the house at 5:45 am, not home until about 6:30 pm. the days were far too long! now it's time to take advantage of all those EI deductions for the past many many years!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com