Recent content by Bernie

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Bernie

I'm baaaaaack!!!!

Thank you all for the lovely welcome. It's good to be back life is still up in the air at the moment so I'm still not able to spend as much time here as I'd like.
  2. Bernie

New Critter ummm Plant

Hi Jack Welcome Welcome Welcome. You are sure to love it here. Lots of wonderful folks lot's of good info and lots of fun.
  3. Bernie

Greetings from NE Indiana

Hi Wolfie! Welcome Welcome Welcome. It sounds like you will fit in perfectly here.
  4. Bernie

I---m Back!

Happy to see you back. I'm just back myself and although my house looks wonderful after the remodel I must say I still have to look out at my neighbor's weedy yard so I am envious of your view. I hope you will be truly happy there.
  5. Bernie

I'm baaaaaack!!!!

OMG! I can't tell you how much I've missed you all. Our remodel will be going down in the record books as taking the longest time to complete the smallest amount of work. It took them nearly two months but they actually only worked for ten days and some were short days at that. Very...
  6. Bernie

Quick fix for tall perennials

I use them too. I find tomato cages are better for most flowers then they are for tomatoes.
  7. Bernie

New blooms in my garden

As usualy they are all spectacular. Someone told me once that cleome were called cat's whiskers so I've been calling them that for years. I always thought spider lilies were Lycoris radiata and started from bulbs.
  8. Bernie

Flower or weed?

I recently fell madly in love with daturas. They are so pretty and smell heavenly. I have been collecting seeds for every varriety I can get my hands on. I just got eight different ones last week. I can't wait to grow them next year. My grandson has never eatten anything out of my garden...
  9. Bernie

Fantasygal1 is here!!!

Welcome from the PNW. I haven't been here much lately but I'm sure it's still the same wonderful site with the same amazing people. You'll love it here. Those ribs do sound YUMMY!
  10. Bernie

Hello I'm Nini From FQG

Welcome from the PNW. I haven't been here much lately but I'm sure it's still the same wonderful site with the same amazing people. You'll love it here.
  11. Bernie

My Prettie's

This winter when cabin fever sets in I'm coming here adn looking at your and Maggie's pictures. You two must have amazing gardens. TFS
  12. Bernie

I'm afraid something bad may happen.

woodstock you crack me up! I think it's a sunflower too. I love those gifts from the angels. When I went to harvest my cukes a few weeks ago I noticed this perfectly round dark green fussy ball on the vine. I’d never seen anything like it before so out of curiosity I let it be. A few...
  13. Bernie

New blooms in my garden

Lovely As ALWAYS. TFS
  14. Bernie

Easy Ice Packs

Palm I have one in my freezer now. Even if they don't really need one it makes little kids feel special and loved when they have a boo boo and they're feeling sorry for themselves. Kya I try to keep popsicles in the freezer but those have a way of disappearing. My kids and grandkids call...
  15. Bernie

When can I move a small shrub?

I agree. I would wait a while like swindy said, prune like Randy said dig a big root ball like you said and fertilize like Blue said. If you don't have some place to heal in your hydrangea it should be fine for another month to six weeks in the pot you bought it in.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com