Recent content by Blueaussi

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Blueaussi

Oh no

Another victim of the economy, I guess.
  2. Blueaussi

Repelling Squirrels?

I don't know how a pole would keep him out of your strawberries, but my mother put a slinky over a shepherd's crook to discourage them from getting into a bird feeder. They eventually figured out how to get past the slinky, but it was pretty hilarious watching until they did.
  3. Blueaussi

vine help

Any chance you could make a picture? It's truly worth a thousand words in a situation like this. Could the lack of flowers or leaves at this point be because it's too early in the season? Would you mind posting your USDA Zone? It would give us a better idea of what grows and overwinters in...
  4. Blueaussi

Robins nest ?

Oh, you're going to get to watch the babies grow up! Please post any pictures you get.
  5. Blueaussi

Sweet Shrub

calycanthus floridus I love it!
  6. Blueaussi

Mrs.hootie back

I envy you so much! That is too cool!
  7. Blueaussi

Some flowering stuff...

Ok, geum, that gives me a place to start, thanks. I've already made one trip to the flower festival today to take some of my coworkers, and I'll go back tomorrow to shop more for myself.
  8. Blueaussi

Some flowering stuff...

What's the pinky red one in the first set of pictures? They're all pretty, but I like that one especially.
  9. Blueaussi

Green Visitor

I didn't know about the Cuban Rain Frogs! They can't have my squirrel tree frogs! This could be war if they spread further north! The pictures I'm googling up shows them as more brown than green, though. Do you know of any good sites? Gotta start guarding my loverly tree frogs now.
  10. Blueaussi

a good companion flower

What about some thyme to go with the lavender? Some varieties have very ornamental pink flowers, and you could use it for cooking.
  11. Blueaussi

living wreath

Oh, take pictures if you do, I would love to see it.
  12. Blueaussi

Green Visitor

Awwwwww...how cute! It looks like a squirrel tree frog or a green tree frog. http://www.uga.edu/srelherp/anurans/hylsqu.htm http://www.uga.edu/srelherp/anurans/hylcin.htm I just love the little goobers. You can listen to the calls on that web site and figure out which one it is, if you're...
  13. Blueaussi

Tulipaloosa 2010

Oh, I envy you. Tulips don't do so well around here. Yours are lovely!
  14. Blueaussi

ground cover help!!!!!!!!

The problem is that there is a very fine line between a fast growing ground cover and an invasive ground cover. Vinca does spread quickly and there are some really nice variegated varieties on the market, too. However, my siblings and I spent a large part of our youth pulling vinca or periwinkle...
  15. Blueaussi

Amount of loam for raised beds

I find all those loam calculators confusing, too; but I wanted to welcome you to the group!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back