Recent content by epiphyte

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. E

Faerie gardens, or minature gardens

Uh, what's a fairy garden?
  2. E

I Have A Pond!

What are those pink flowers in your first post? Very pretty. Water hyacinth?
  3. E

HELP & pond info...please

I actually don't think you should dose anything... it's not sustainable and you'd have to do it time after time. Too much algae = excess nutrients and too much sunlight. What you should do is plant more heavily, and throw in floaters to block out the light, like red root floaters, frogbits...
  4. E

Hello from Miami :)

I thought about those but they're a little overpriced :( My 20g aquarium inside is pretty much the same thing. Also what limits me outside is only 1-2 hours of direct sun a day, oh and I can't really run electricity to power a water pump. Can't wait till I get a house, aquaponics backyard!
  5. E

Identify this pest please

Aw, was hoping you had a ghost orchid in possession ;) White tea / chamomile is a natural fungicide, you can just make a batch, let it cool then spray it.
  6. E

Chocolate Mint is good in...?

Do you just throw it in? Or mince it up first, or blender? /confused
  7. E

Bamboo Orchids

Wow those look much different, any idea what genus that one is?
  8. E

Where should I put raspberry and blueberry bushes?

Blueberries from A1 to Z6! Lol.
  9. E

Interspecies Grafting?

Hmm, I just tried a pepper to a tomato, it died :( Maybe I didn't keep the environment humid enough, it said recommended 80% on wiki.
  10. E

Interspecies Grafting?

Has anyone every say, tried grafting a pepper on a tomato, or a tomato on a potato, or other varieties with success? Curious, read this intro article the other day, and here's an article on pepper-tomato grafting. Here's a "Pomato" tomato grafted to potato:
  11. E

Experienced grafters?

Any experienced grafters here? Any pics or examples of what you've done? :D
  12. E

Post Your Favorite Garden Space / Area

Until the mosquitos come X(
  13. E

Hello from Miami :)

Thanks :) It's actually really dirty up close lol, I spilled a planter the other day while planting, and can't quite get the mud out of the concrete. Even in the torrential downpour, the rain doesn't really hit the balcony since the wind only blows north/east/west, never south (I face...
  14. E

Post Your Favorite Garden Space / Area

This one isn't mine, it's a close friend's backyard area under an oak tree. You can't see from the image but he's got maybe a hundred epiphytes (bromeliads, orchids, staghorns) hanging on that tree.
  15. E

my herb garden.

What do you have growing in there? I see a few blooming already?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back