Recent content by handygardener

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. handygardener

What do roses need to be healthy?

Hmmm...how do you insert a picture here???
  2. handygardener

What do roses need to be healthy?

Just have to share these beautiful photos I took from Butchart Gardens. I am sure you will love these pretty flowers. http://handy-gardening-tips.blogspot.ca/2012/03/breathtaking-butchart-gardens-too.html
  3. handygardener

New Here & Urban Dirt Web Series

Hey SimpleTwist welcome! I am looking forward to your TV series! Great to have you here...Hi to all!
  4. handygardener

New with a few questions

I agree.. double agree! I agree with crabbergirl and ronsgarden with composting directly on the garden soil. Plus mulch helps control growth of weeds!
  5. handygardener

New with a few questions

hi onions don't do well if they are overwatered. Their bulbs also act as storage for water so too much watering can make them rot.
  6. handygardener

need to know what this one is

Your welcome Errol! Glad for you to join here... :)
  7. handygardener

Hoping someone seen this large shrub!

Ron its not a Logan berry is it? It looks like it. If you could take a picture of the whole plant it would be great...
  8. handygardener

garden blogger contributor for a common online garden journal

Hi guys! I have a blog about anything that concerns plants and gardening. Although I consider myself quite learned when it comes to plant stuff, I believe there are other people out there who know more about gardening than me. I am asking for anyone to join my blog as a contributor blogger and...
  9. handygardener

need to know what this one is

Hello Errol! Welcome to the forum. I believe this is a Wedelia species. It looks like a wild daisy with yellow flowers. It also tends to overcrowd other plants if you leave it unchecked. Take care of the plant as you would with a daisy. They need lots of sunshine but keep it away from the...
  10. handygardener

What is this plant

Hi and welcome! I am with Ron and Kya D. It is a Dracaena. This plant is tropical and it needs bright sunlight but not too hot that you'll scorch the leaves. Water just enough to not let it stand in water that will rot the roots... :) Be careful when transplanting them. Take the whole root...
  11. handygardener

Flower Identification?

Welcome! Does the flower have a long stamen? I meant the tube coming out of the flower? Does it have it? It is hibiscus if it has it...
  12. handygardener

Can You Tell Me What This Plant Is?

Re: your question.. Hi there... Basing on the leaves of the plant, I believe it is a papyrus plant. You know the plant that also grows on the banks of the Nile River in Egypt? Does this also bloom with a hairy kind of flower or something? Glad to help... :)
  13. handygardener

Geraniums

hello and welcome to the forum! There are actually annual and perennial types of geraniums. deadheading helps the plant to focus its energy into blooming instead of producing leaves and stems. Your brother is doing the right thing. :)
  14. handygardener

My banana project

Maybe you have hyperactive toes? haha. I frequently hit my toes on the foot rest! Does that make me one too?? And Damn it hurts! I would prefer nipping off the tips of your coleus for you are actually doing them a favor and you..too. Cutting off the tips help the plant to be bushy while at the...
  15. handygardener

Canadian Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back