Recent content by KallieLashay

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. K

Venus Fly Traps

Yea I have heard some similiar things but I did have a fellow gardener who said that one plant survived much better with the fly trap around one plant compared to another. So we will see. I can always sell them back on ebay!
  2. K

Venus Fly Traps

I bought 10 on ebay bare root for about $28. I can give you the name of the seller if you want. You just have to look for a good deal. We used to sell them at my work for $8 each so it's a good deal.
  3. K

male or female flowers? before they open?

Here is a link to a photo. The bottom of the flowers appear to be different so I think you should be able to tell the difference. http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/sshow.asp?ssid=2&slddtl=1
  4. K

I had about 3 or 4 squashes on each plant. I didn't know that the flower stays on when the squash is being formed. Since last year I didn't have ANY squash. I only have about 1 flower with no squash on it so I'm assuming that it's a male flower?
  5. K

How do you tell the difference? Last year I had two plants and no squash and this year all 6 of them are producing squash from what I can tell. I just can't keep the ants off of them!
  6. K

How to get rid of green cabbage worms?

I have hand picked about 4 or 5 green worms and several little white balls that I am guessing are the eggs. How do I keep them off of my collard plants for good?
  7. K

tomato plants drying out??

Holy crap...that is alot of nitrogen. I don't know any plant that needs that much..lol. Oh well I'm sure it will do okay once the dead leaves are gone!
  8. K

If you just cut off the brown leaves, it will be fine. I had one alot bigger than that and after I got rid of the dead leaves it thrived. If you leave the dead leaves on there then yes it will kill the plant.
  9. K

Black Spots On Pepper Plant

Thanks guys. I can't believe I have never noticed this before...weird.
  10. K

My veggies 2011

Very nice. I have little cukes growing as well as tomatoes which are taking forever! The recent tornadoes that passed through us haven't been helpful either.
  11. K

Venus Fly Traps

If anyone has experience growing these please let me know. I am planning on putting them in little containers and putting around my garden to keep bugs out.
  12. K

Aloe Vera Plants

Yea I think I will keep them in the house for now. How long does it take to grow back after you snap a leaf?
  13. K

Strange Weeds

I keep having strange weeds grow beside my cucumber plants that look like little cucumber seedlings. However I just planted my cucumbers and there is no way that I dropped any extra seeds because they were transplants with no flowers on them. Every once in a while a little weed blends in that...
  14. K

Aloe Vera Plants

Where is a good place to put two Aloe Vera plants if you wanted to keep them inside. I have heard that they need to face away from the sun and others say direct sun. Will they survive inside my house?
  15. K

This could, I doubt, but could be from root worms. If you think you have done everything right and they died for no reason then consider root worms. These worms tangle up your roots in knots. But you will have to pull out one of the plants to see if this is the problem. I am thinking that's what...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back