Recent content by klevelyn

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. klevelyn

cantaloupe pollenation

Flowers keep growing so keep checking for new flowers to use. It is so fun to see a melon finally growing.
  2. klevelyn

cantaloupe pollenation

To pollinate the female flowers I just pick a male flower and peel the petals back and rub the male flower onto a female flower. I do this in the morning when the flowers are open and fresh. I can pollinate several female flowers with on male flower. It has worked very well. I also grew my...
  3. klevelyn

gardening at night

I hadn't thought about night gardening. It is a thought. It is way to hot during the day right now.
  4. klevelyn

Been away.....

Welcome back, sorry to here about our health struggles. Lot and fruits and veggies can work wonders to build the immune system. Gardening is a blessing. Good Luck.
  5. klevelyn

The World History of Climate Change

Very good information, I think we are in a changing weather pattern that may be effected by our industrial society. I don't think we are willing to shut our industries down, soo I guess we live with the changes. I think the earth is good at adapting to us.
  6. klevelyn

Malware

Thank you for the link. I did run my virus protection on all my drives, but it is nice to know I am okay.
  7. klevelyn

Escaped the heavy rains today

Nice picture. We are having a very hot and dry spell. I am glad to see some rain somewhere.
  8. klevelyn

What to plant at first of July?

Carrots can be planted, you just need to keep them moist to germinate. Green beans would be good. I am harvesting my garlic as well and I was really pleased with them. It was my first year planting them.
  9. klevelyn

harvest tracking

That's great. You will find each year the cost goes down. We bought fencing and tomato cages last year and they will last for years. So the cost of supplies can be spread over the life time of your gardening. I save some of my seeds and plant the next year. A great way to save some money.
  10. klevelyn

Newbie from Colorado

Grass is pretty hardy and will go dormant to protect it self. Your in the intermountian west along with us. Water the lawn regularly and new grass blades will begin growing in a couple of weeks but will need an inch of water per week. As it gets hotter you'll want to water more frequently about...
  11. klevelyn

My veggie garden

Nice garden, things are just getting started in my area. But I have peas now.
  12. klevelyn

yard clean up with mulch

Very nice. We must be on the same wave length. I watched back to edan and did the same with my garden this spring. I hate to weed. It has been great so far. Here a pic of my broccoli in the mulched garden.
  13. klevelyn

Self-Watering or Sub-Irrigated Container from two 5 gallon buckets

That's quite a garden. I have seen this on youtube and thought I would try it with an herb garden. Thanks for the information.
  14. klevelyn

Very proud!

Very nice. It is so fun to see your efforts pay off.
  15. klevelyn

Chocolate Mint is good in...?

I love mint tea and will be planting this variety in the garden this year. Thanks for the article link.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back