Recent content by Markymark

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Markymark

Seed Density for 1020 trays (microgreens)

It has been a very long time, I was wondering if I recognize names, and I do. In these few short years, got married, had kids, bought a house and I make good money what I do, but I'm an entrepreneur at heart, and I don't like making money for other people. I'm experimenting with seed density...
  2. Markymark

Seed Density for 1020 trays (microgreens)

So I'm in the works for pushing microgreens into the farmers market, and I'm really getting my backyard setup for a nice urban farm. I'm wanting to produce 150 lbs of microgreens every 2 weeks. Just to give you an idea - I've got 100 1020 flats, 5 lbs of sunflower black oil seeds, 2 lbs of peas...
  3. Markymark

Rebuilding soil in raised bed - garlic bed / worm composting bin

One thing I'd like to mention is if the worms are active and alive, that means the soil isn't too hot (composting). Because red wigglers don't do well in temperatures above 90 (and I mean tops) degrees. I don't see why it would be an issue, I would continue to throw organic matter in like food...
  4. Markymark

building new planter boxes

I would say 18 inches is important for vegetables like carrots. But most root-balls are near the topsoil and is only around 6 inches below the surface. So I don't see why 15 inches would hurt anything. Now don't ask me about flowers and those types of plants because I don't really grow them due...
  5. Markymark

Plant ID: Type of squash/pumpkin and other plant

This is identical to my plant, and I did attempt to grow this type of plant this season. But my cats decided to use the planter as a litter box, so I tossed it outside. I was looking at the plant and the berries have the same structure as these (not to mention these are the seeds I bought - well...
  6. Markymark

I did plant wonder berries, but they did not germinate (?) so I thought... The variety I planted gets between 18" and 24" tall, so if it goes beyond that it probably is something else. Well, I can't help myself and I will probably sample - if they are bitter I'll spit it out, if they are sweet...
  7. Markymark

Reason I called it water melon was because I grew a few rare type of melons + yellow/red/orange watermelons last season so I was thinking it could be some kind of hybrid. Also, you guys think I should pick that one?
  8. Markymark

I'm not sure if this is a type of melon or pumpkin (I didn't have this type of pumpkin growing last year, so I doubt it's a pumpkin and would presume it's a melon as I did try to grow those last year). These melons are self planted, I remember throwing my water melons out in the yard (rotten...
  9. Markymark

Help me Id this plant

I didn't eat it, but my family did and it tasted too bitter for them. I really don't have much small leaves left, I'll probably take it down to the food bank and give it to them, it's not like it's inedible, it just isn't the tastiest edible lol!
  10. Markymark

Why aren't my grapes growing?

I had one do the same thing, I gave it a full year and it became compost for next season. Given the prices of grape trees around this time I wouldn't be too worried about getting another or exchanging the one you got. I bought a 2-3 year old grape tree from lowes for like $11 and it will have...
  11. Markymark

Advice needed!

This is what I would do if you can't stand to throw them away. What I did this season to germinate my seeds (I was having issues with it indoors) I just took the seed packs and threw them in an area, and labled the location. Once they sprouted I thinned them (I don't compost them) out and...
  12. Markymark

Help me Id this plant

Im wanting to grow zebra tomatoes so they get the boot. Ive got so many tomatoes growing i should be fine but i love varieties. (Typing on my phone so sorry for typos)
  13. Markymark

Help me Id this plant

If it was kale it would have gone to flower, but I already know this isn't kale because I wouldn't have planted it up in the front beds (cause I already know I don't like it). After looking at a few pictures, you are probably right about the mustard greens, and it sounds like something I would...
  14. Markymark

Help me Id this plant

I remember chucking a bunch of seeds into this bed, and well something came up really well. If you know what this is help me out, I'm planning on pulling them all out as I want to throw some tomatoes up here in stead (possible). I tasted the leaves and it wasn't to my liking...
  15. IMG_2094

IMG_2094

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back