Recent content by seedaddict

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. S

melons and winter squash in raised beds?

With the exception of honeydew ( which I can't find a bush type for) all varieties are bush/semi bush. They're compact, short vined, and bred to be grown in close spaces. Do bush varieties have to be trellised? I know it makes it neater, conserves space more, and easier to spot and...
  2. S

really need help with beans

First, I live in northern MI; growing zone is 4b/5a. The season is short; starts in early-late April for cool stuff. Main season is end of May to September-Nov. (varies depending on weather). Hot summers, but mild compared to deep south. Weather here is erratic. With early maturing cold...
  3. S

help with companion planting

I use container gardening so I make my own soil; it's a soilless mix and comprised of spaghnum peat moss, pine bark mulch vermiculite, lime (not fast acting), and a dry pelleted fertilizer designed for container gardening...Osmocote, which is a 19-6-12. When I say limited space, it's a 20' x...
  4. S

help with companion planting

Didn't find much info on companion planting via my research. What I did find is VERY general. No links to companion gardening plz...could use advice from ppl here. Have limited space, want to maximize it; short season too, want to extend harvest. Would like to grow cool weather stuff in...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back