What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It's been really hot and dry here, unusual for Dec/Jan.....right now though we're getting the effects of a cyclone, plenty of rain, wind and cooler temps. Today was only 82F but all the rain is causing flash flooding, talk about one extreme to the other! 2'' of rain fell here last night and it's still raining now, with more to come. We've had La Nina for while and now we're heading back into El Nino, which means drier and hotter weather over the next couple of years years....that's according to the B.O.M anyway. Loved the pics Ron!

Brown snow.....hhhmmmmmm. Don't eat it, Ron. I don't ever remember who El Nino & La Nina are. They must be flaminco dancers & wear feathers and yell,"OLE" at the end of their visit. It's 9° right now and I wanted to go somewhere today but I don't know if I can get the car to start. I'd have to go before 9AM so we'll see. Have a pleasant day everyone. Curbie

It is 64 this morning and going up to 76 this afternoon. The skies are cloudly with patches of fog this morning. winds out of the S at 5 to 10 mph.

60* cloudy and a light breeze. So glad we only had a brush with a freeze. Freezing temps about 40 miles away on Tuesday but not here!

13F
The lake froze over last night with no winds!
Now it's starting to break up with winds out of the NE!
It started snowing and it's blowing around!
Heading up to 19 this afternoon with snow!!!
Guess I'll be staying home today!!!

We are still cold here, but it is about ten degrees warmer than it was last week. The rain has returned too and that accounts for the rise in temperature. 37 is better than 27.

It just started to snow here. I love snow. It's 27°. We have to stay tuned to how much we get. Your local reporter. Curbie (Has anybody heard from Trax?)

16F and mostly sunny.
The lake looks like one big skating rink!
With no winds last night the lake froze over again but it won't last with the light winds that are developing!
Winds are out of the NW.
Going up to 25F....

it is 52 and cloudy this morning and it will get up to 72 later today. It is kind of foggy/drizzly this morning. but it isn't to rain til tomorrow.

Not much of a breeze out of the SW..
23F and cloudy with light snow falling...
Photos from today:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 242
It just started to snow here. I love snow. It's 27°. We have to stay tuned to how much we get. Your local reporter. Curbie (Has anybody heard from Trax?)

I have been wondering about him myself. I wonder if he found a girl friend. Surely her company could not be as delightful as ours. LOL

We are having light rain sporadically. We drove over the mountain to have breakfast this morning and it was warm enough that we weren't concerned about any ice on the road.

Ron, looks like you caught a bird on your feeder. Bet they love your place.

awesome pics Ron........its 16 this morning, but earlier it was 5........zero's north of here and below zeros.......sunny tho and supposed to go up to 25 today......theres something to say in that Im excited about that.....when the heck will this break.....???????

Thanks Woodie!
Still a cold 10F and partly sunny.
Heading up to 28 this afternoon!
A Colorado low is heading our way for tomorrow and a high of 39F with a whole mixed bag starting with snow tonight, then freezing rain, then rain for tomorrow!!

We are still in the damp but not raining weather here. At least things don't dry out when there is this much humidity in the air. It is 68 now and going up to 72 this afternoon. There is a chance of rain tonight, tomorrow and Tues. So maybe we will get some. We are still way behind on rain.

We woke up to snow & then it began to sleet & then it began to go back to snow. We have a lot of ice now & it's supposed to get up to sunshine later. If you're confused, me too. Have a nice day all! I will just continue to be confused. Curbster

we are just getting the snow now.....it will change to freezing rain later this afternoon........then rain as the temps go up up up...

Very foggy with drizzle here!
Winds are expected to increase into the 40 mph range later on this evening!
There was a lot of pack ice which slowly broke up as the winds increase out of the SW.
37F
The temp won't change much overnight.
46F for tomorrow with light rain and more drizzle!

We have had persistently moderate rainfall the last couple of days and it's still falling. The temperature is 41 degrees. That isn't very warm, but it sure beats 31 degrees.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back