patio and landscape design help

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

snipcod

Hello my name is Cody. Come spring I will start landscaping my backyard. I've never designed a yard before but thought it to be a fun challenge. Having never done one I was looking for guidance and advice. I've come up with a rendering using Sketchup that I believe to be promising. Any input will be great appreciated or design ideas of your own. My goal is to use up the grass area leaving only grass on the other side. I have far too much of it which is costly to water.

20140306_150613_zpswqhq3tqp.jpg

20140306_150640_zpsvgdm7pxw.jpg

satvie2_zps9fc43c6c.jpg

09622326-737f-4d18-9280-eb78895bdaf5_zps22e32612.jpg

my%20house3.1_zpsfbri7uko.jpg

my%20house3-2_zpsd313mdlx.jpg

Hi Cody!
Welcome to our forum!
Your plan looks ambitious!
Need some information such as what zone you live in, and orientation of the property?
Are you planning to do this in stages over a few years, or are you planning to do this all in one year?
Since watering is an issue I'd go with a drought tolerant perennials specific for your area. There should be a lot of them specific for your area.
You may find that your water feature will cost you a lot, especially in maintaining water levels and treatments to prevent algae growth, not to mention the power used to circulate the water....love the waterfalls.....I'd rethink the size of the water feature....

Last edited:
Looks like your doing good work there Coby.

The only advice I have is to create good hydration for your soil and trees.

I have been do so gardening, helping a friend and planted so shrubs a fried trees and dug big holes and added sand to the mud soil put. Plumbing pipe down to feed roots with water and fertilisers if needed, used sugar cane at the floor level of the hole one foot thick.

Some pics for you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424935052.846486.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424935100.897033.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424935168.051225.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424935207.136145.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424935333.563949.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back