Fukein Tea Bonsai leaves falling, did at home pest control...HELP

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

sofierdgz

I have a bonsai tree that was purchased 2 weeks ago. After a few days, I discovered she had pests..... the white small ones. I did an at home pest treatment (that I got from online) 1 tsb mild dish soap (regular dawn) and 1 qrt luke warm water. I sprayed her down a total of 3 times (once a day) since she still had the pest infestation. After being away for the weekend, I return and most of her leaves have fallen..... What can I do to keep her alive?? HELP.

Is it in a sunny area?
You say white small ones, did they fly when disturbed?
The solution may have been too strong for the tree you have since some are more sensitive then others.
The mix I use is one or two drops of liquid dish soap and a drop or two of cooking oil in a quart of warm water.
Most pests stay on the underside of the leaves so spraying should be done to the underside....

Last edited:
RonsGarden,

She sits by the front door at my house (facing west side) So she gets sun, but its the late afternoon/evening sun. I'd venture to say about 5-6 hrs of full sun exposure on a sunny day.
They did not fly, most were not moving as her leaves were very sticky. but I did see a few crawling around and also black specs. Not sure if those were droppings or other insects (im new to all this).
I have been reading more about these bonsai and they recommend fertilizing very 1-2 weeks. I haven't done that since I purchased it. (2 weeks ago). Which kind to you recommend and should I do that right now or wait until she is healthier (as her leaves are STILL falling off).

I use neem oil it's natural and it gives your plants kind of a boost. I spray any plant I bring home with neem oil or horticultural oil. Make sure to get the bottoms of the leaves like Rons Garden said :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back