fruiting trees and bushes rating

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

luec

I have made it a goal to grow and rate as many fruiting plants as possible, Ive done a large number and will rate them now, then I will continue growing more. I have rated these plants 1-5, 1 being easy, 2 being normal, 3 being intermediate, 4 being difficult, 5 being expert.

Queen Elizabeth Rose-1
Concord Grape-1
Peach-2
Plum-2
Sour Cherry-2
Red Delicious Apple-2
Dwarf apple-1
Blueberry-2
Raspberry-1
Japanese Black Cherry-2
Blackberry-1
Persimmon-2
Calamondin Orange-2
Meyer Lemon-2
Key Lime-2
Grapefruit-2
Date-3
Kumquat-3
Chicago Hardy Fig-1
Black Raspberry-2
Sweet Cherry-2
Elderberry-1
Pomegranate-3
Avocado-4
Strawberry-2
Watermelon-1
Cantelope-1

Location will make quite a difference. For example, peaches do very well in the Sacramento Valley of California, but are very difficult here in western Oregon. Using your rating system I would give peaches a 2 in the Sacramento Valley but a 5 here in western Oregon. We have essentially 9 months of wet weather each fall through spring and peach leaf curl makes it very difficult. There was a tree on our place when we bought it, but it did poorly. I took it out and replaced it with a variety that was leaf curl resistant. It didn't seem to matter.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back