What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I don't know what our high temperature for the day was but if we didn't reach 60 degrees, we didn't miss it by much. We still had some haze in the sky but it was mostly sunshine and I was happy to stay out in it as much as I could. It was warm enough for me to work without my coat on.

Sunny and 16F!!!
Winds 12 mph out of the NE......

Looks like we'll be missing the next storm system as it skirts the south side of the lake heading to the east coast, where it will develop into a winter bomb!!!

sunny this morning and almost 30. talk of more snow tonight, and snow most of the week. ugh... please dont send me any bombs ron, Im getting tired of white junk. Julie lucked out in the last storm. she hardly got anything. wonder how laurie faired.

Sorry Woodie, but the systems are not following the old, usual tracks ........last good snowfall was December 12th, and only getting light dustings since!
Damm, I hate NEasterly winds!!!...which will continue into Monday...peaking at 21 mph!!!

well the blizzard of 2015 is heading our way. they are measuring this storm in FEET not inches. so far 2 feet in my area, and three in NYC.
it will also be very cold and windy, so lots of drifting. hope we dont loose power. its starting tonight, so if you dont see me here for a few days, you will know Im busy..haha....or buried! two systems colliding into one. one big mess in other words.

Been keeping watch on the news, and it looks like it will be a historic perfect storm for you guys!
We are getting the wrap around winds from the same massive system......it really is a huge storm system
Not much happening here....other then the winds out of the NE.....might get a dusting of snow from lake effect off of Lake Ontario....
17F .....high this afternoon 23....

Stay safe Woodie!!

snow was supposed to start at 1pm and didnt start until 3pm. Im hearing the worst will be down in NYC. but we still could get about 2 feet. we will find out tomorrow when we wake up. pray we dont loose power with the winds. and wish me luck.

The skies are clear above the fog layer we have had for the past three days. The fog burned off on the other side of the ridge of mountains to our north during the day time but it only lifted slightly here and was settling back down to ground level when I came inside just about dark. The fog cover kept the temperature in the mid 40's all day.

well the bomb was a bomb here. we ended up with about 3 inches of snow. thats it for us. it stayed tightly along the coast. dodged another bullet.

laurie and julie are getting the brunt of the storm. laurie has a foot already, but work has been closed, so she can stay put. Julie didnt give me amounts, has high winds, but was hunkered down until its over. hoping they dont loose power.

Figured it was more hype then anything else!

Light flurries here and 15F.....winds out of the NNE....might get up to 19.....winds shifting a bit and out of the north later on today...
Dropping down to 5 tonight with light winds out of the west......
Another Alberta Clipper on the way for Thursday...too early to say how much snow ...if any!

We had the same weather pattern as we have had the last couple of days but we did get up to 52 degrees today. There was some sprinkling through the fog this afternoon so we may be heading for some rain.

most of the coast of massachusetts got clobered with over 30 inches of snow. I havent heard from julie today yet, so hope she has power still and didnt get too much snow. a clipper is coming here on friday, and another coastal storm is coming next week. whew, what an active winter this has been. Im worn out already. this morning we have blue skies and 10 degrees. it is nice to see sunshine again.

5F with clear sunny skies!! ...with no winds!!
Expecting a high of 23... the Alberta Clipper arrives this evening.....snows start tonight with 2 - 4"s expected...light snowfall all day tomorrow.....another A. Clipper for Sunday/Monday with another 2-4"s

Last edited:
blue skies here today, little wind. tonight the clipper goes thru/ maybe 5 to 8 inches, hoping for no more than 3. sunday night into monday a coastal storm. very active pattern now.

31F with winds out of the south...the Clipper is moving in now...a bit later then predicted!
Expecting a hi of 34 with mixed precip to start....
Calling for 2-4 inches
Winds shifting out of the NW later on this evening....
Woodie,
Seems like a pattern is settling in, but be prepared for the unexpected!!

I awoke to a clear sky and sunshine today. It was 43 degrees then and 53 degrees out there now. For most of the time I was outside I was pretty comfortable with just a flannel shirt over my work shirt but when the sun got pretty low it got a bit uncomfortable.

about three inches this morning. that should be it for today, and tonight the temps drop like a rocket down to zero. right now its about 27

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back