Is this a flower?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Odica

Wanted to play around with cross pollination of tomato plants and was inspecting on of the plants and found what looks like a green dandelion.... I never seen it on my other tomato plants. The one that I found it on is a mr.stripey tomato plant here are some pictures.
puhaqure.jpg

u6ujute4.jpg

Is it a flower? Dose this verity grow differently than the others I thought tomato plants all grew the same type of flower. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some tom flowers are double, and even triple. They will produce a large oddly shaped fruit.

A genetic mutation? Can this be controlled in any way? Like maybe handed down in the seeds that come from this tomato?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back