What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

45F!!! Looks like we will be breaking a record for today with a 54F+ this afternoon.
The storm pretty much missed us, but we did get a lot of rain last night! Then the winds picked up and some of the higher gust were and still are around 50 mph!
Expecting the clouds to move out and should see some sun this afternoon, but will continue to get strong winds in the 27 mph range with some stronger gusts!
Then the cold front passes through the the temps will drop for a low of 34F tonight, which will be our high for tomorrow....
Temps will still be above the norm for the first week of February!

we have the heavy rain this morning. it will go up into the 50's then lateron the winds and colder air will move in here as well.

its 40 this morning, I thought the cold air would come thru last night but it didnt come yet. looks like it rained all night as well.

we got up to almost 50F today, but lots of showers. supposed to be getting sunny by sunday, and warming up too, I really hope so!

We had some heavy rain this morning but that stopped and it turned into a fairly nice day. Sunshine was filtered and sparse but it still got up into the mid 50s.

28 and mostly cloudy. Should clear up this afternoon with mostly sunny skies and a high of 32.
Had a light dustling of snow last night which should disappear later on this morning!
Not much of a wind out of the NW..

a little cooler this week but sunny. missed another snow storm this morning. next week will get much colder and more talk of snow.

It was dry most of the day but started raining lightly just as I stepped out the back door to take a little walk. It was 52 degrees.

32F with overcast skies... expecting a high of 36 with mostly sunny skies this afternoon.
The latest talk is about a low pressure system that will stall over the Great Lakes for a few day early next week... Not expecting a lot of snow, but some away from the warm lakes.....will probably get mostly rain or wet snow, with the occasional white dusting....
Ice coverage is around 5%-15% which is not the norm!

Next Blast of Winter will arrive tonight with rain off and on tomorrow and Tuesday. It will stall over the Great Lakes for the week, peaking next Saturday with possible intense cold temps! Snow starts Weds! We probably won't get much.....even as the temps bottom out! Mostly squall activity will dominate on the lee of the lakes!
Today is sunny and going up to 45....the calm before the storm system!

Im hearing we will get some snow this afternoon. one to 3 inches. I can handle that. we are starting to cool down here as well. will be 9 on friday. burrrr but thats also about have way thru feb, so spring is just around the corner. so far so good for this winter.

Yesterday was warm, today is just as warm!
45F with overcast skies!
No decernable winds....
Dropping to 34 overnight with a high of 36 for tomorrow with mixed precip....
The temp will drop a bit each day....high for Saturday is only 5F

we got some snow last night. only an inch. the backyard looks like a fairyland. the roads are all clear even tho the schools have delayed openings.
will be 33 today, right now its 20.

So far it's not bad! Had some rain off and on yesterday, with wet snow last night.
Temp stayed above freezing last night.
This morning a few flakes and not expecting any accumalation...
34F and holding. Winds light out of the SW.
Flurries for this evening with light snow overnight as the temp drops to 27 for the low...27 for the high tomorrow with flurries.

Yesterday our high temp was 62 degrees. I think we only made it to 59 degrees today but it was still a beautiful day. If there were any clouds I didn't notice them.

We have had a couple of days that broke records in some places, it was so nice! went for a walk up the hill from our house, and I got our back deck cleaned off :)

sharing a couple of pictures I took on our walk yesterday. If we won the lottery, we would buy this piece of land and build a little house with a big deck to sit on and watch the world! While this is walking distance from our house, the climb would kill me! so we drive most of the way up, and walk a bit. I was thinking we should keep parking a little further away each time so eventually we could do the walk up here without a car at all. there is also a nice grassy area with a slide for kids, and a picnic table. some trails going through the forest. the little ponds are full of life! it is such a beautiful spot!! I really hope it will actually always be a park for all to enjoy :)
FullSizeRender%203_zpssqq6x5t6.jpg

IMG_0108_zpsv3vovlgt.jpg

IMG_0109_zpsqqavo5dz.jpg
IMG_0100_zpsr9tued9o.jpg

What a gorgeous land you live in. We had filtered sunshine today but we still managed to get up to 60 degrees.

very pretty. thanks for sharing. we are going into the deep freeze lateron today for 4 days. its going to be mighty nasty here. wind chills of minus 35. perhaps snow. will be staying inside for most of the weekend.

I will stay in for most of the weekend too because of the rain but I will stick my nose out once in awhile. We will be staying in the 40s and 50s so it won't be too bad.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back