Fairly New Gardener Learning my Way

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Wildflower Runner

Hello, all! My name is Erin. I inherited a garden. My mother was always the gardener in our family. As she got older, my father begrudgingly took it over with his only hope being saving a few dollars on some veggies. Mom has spinal stenosis, so she can't bend at all to care for the garden, and she can't really get around the property to even look at it much.

I moved home a few years ago when my parents' health began to decline. Mom needs help around the house, and my father was diagnosed with brain cancer, which made it very difficult for him to function normally. He eventually required a memory unit and we were forced to put him in a nursing facility. That was my first summer with the garden. This is my second summer with the garden (dad passed away in April). This has been the summer of rebuilding.

Dad didn't much like the garden, so a lot of the plants suffered terribly. I have spent this year trying to bring back my mother's beloved roses, many of which have not bloomed in over ten years. I am happy to say that every single rose bush produced at least one bloom this year, so I am very proud of them!

But I am still learning and have run in to some issues I need help with. So here I am! Nice to meet you all!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Erin!
Welcome to our forum!
Keep doing what your doing! Looking after parents is wonderful....I did the same with mine.
Gardening is a wonderful pass time....
If you have any gardening questions feel free to ask.....

thugtomas

Gardening is a healthy, fun activity for children. Children develop new skills and learn about science and nature from growing their own food.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com