What's the weather in your area? 2017 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Cooler temps are back....dropped to 27 last night and that will be our high for today!
Sunny with clouds to the south over the lake!
Light winds out of the NW...
Low tonight 19F.....
High tomorrow 28F ...30 for Sunday....then it warms up again....

Pretty boring weather for the middle of January!!
23F and partly cloudy....light winds out of the SE with a windchill of 7....
Should get up to 28 and mostly cloudy..
21 for the low tonight....

Hiya Ron & Woodstock -
Or weather sure is crazy anymore! ( all over the globe too,for that matter .... ):rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:
Anyways,the weather here is on the cool side ( around 31 degrees currently ). Yesterday was a nice day for the middle of January, cool but very sunny. I took advantage and ran my car through a car wash ,it was so bad ( almost white from all the salt they put around here on the roads and it is best to get rid of some of that on a car soon as ya can,I believe ... ) Nice to look out and not see any snow on the ground right now though!!:p:cool::)
I just thought I'd post once again and let ya know I'm still on our planet and the weather is pretty boring for this time of year too! ( liked your description there,Ron!! ) :cool::):cool::D
Have a great day and weekend as well all...... take care........ - will give Anette a high-five from ya both too -:cool:

Hi Phil!....
Boring weather continues.....though a system will be moving in early Tuesday into Weds, will be a rain and wind event with mild aboe normal temps.
For now...23F with mostly sunny skies....going up to 30 this afternoon.
Very light winds out of the SW...low tonight 25....

Looks like La Nina is giving up trying to form in the Pacific....we could slip back into a El Nino....or stay in neutral phase....either way the weather will be continue to be whacky weird as the oceans continue to warm up....

Hi phil and Ron,
pretty dull here too. chilly this weekend and then warming up to almost 45 -50 during the week. what happened to the worst winter ever!!! seemed to skip us. over by randy tho its pretty nasty. lots of ice and snow which doesnt make sense since portland oregon doesnt usually get snow or ice.
hard to believe that jan is half gone already. didnt it just start last week?

22 this morning and sunny. tomorrow afternoon a mix is coming and and it doesnt sound very nice. hopefully it will warm up and turn to rain or we will have a big mess on our hands.

The icestorm is coming! Expected to start overnight.....not expecting a lot of freezing rain before it changes over to rain.
25F with heavy hoar frost this morning covering everything!
Going up to 36 this afternoon,...low tonight..32...
41F tomorrow with rain....Mild the rest of the week... low in the mid 30's, highs in the mid 40's.....
This weather is crazy....

The rain event has arrived! Had a short period of freezing rain that quickly changed over to jut rain as the temps went up. Started last evening.....
36F with steady downpour...going up to 41 this afternoon with lighter downpours.....
Rain to continue right through into tomorrow tappering off to showers by late day....
Not much of a wind...

the rain arrived here yesterday morning and its still going strong. it was supposed to change to a mix overnight, but the temps got up too high so it stayed rain thankfully. looking forward to seeing some sunshine soon.

Looks like the rains stopped, at least for now!
Complete cloud cover and not much of a wind..
36F and looks like that will be our high for today.
Dipping to 34 overnight with a rain/snow mix...
Might see the sun tomorrow once this slow system moves out....high 37...

think the rain has finally stopped. but we are not going to see much sun the next two days, and then back to another something next week. its been about 40 each day as a high, so not too bad for a winters day.

We had fog yesterday all day with drizzle off and on ...very light breeze out of the SW off the lake..
34F with thick overcaste with not much of a breeze...
Haven't seen any sun since Monday...might see some this afternoon with a high of 37.
32 for tonight.
41 for tomorrow with light rain.....
Boy this weather is depressing....

Reactions: PRH
We have had 4 days of rain and it was in the 40s and 50s. This is winter here in the south. I've been trying to clean out the gardens between the rains. But I love that we have had two days with over 2 inches this week. We really needed that rain.

Cloudy for the last few days with highs in the mid 30's. They tell us that rain will soon be at our door overnight and all though the weekend as well with highs in the upper 20's to lower 30's. ( we did have some fog in places overnight )* Really wild to look out my window here sometimes and see how dark it gets here out in the country -- if ya put your hand right in front of ya when it's dark out here,ya can not see it at all * and yes,there have been alot of times I have been out at night and when I come back,I miss the driveway here :D ( I do have a reflector out at the end of my driveway but,still........ I miss the dang drive ) :D Guess I'm human after all! :p:):rolleyes::confused::)
Anyways,I will say that rain is alittle better then snow but with snow,at least ya can shovel it to move it out of the way!:p:)
Ron -- weather is depressing.... ( your description there is true to form my friend,I like that there.... :D )!
woodstock - always a pleasure to read your posts as well,my friend!:)
lynpenny - nice to read a post from ya ,liked those temps ya spoke of !!:cool: Glad your getting some much needed rain though!!:)
Take care everyone and have an awesome day too,keep it going and carry it right into the upcoming weekend,ok ---- ok??:D:p * will give Anette a shout out from ya'll too ! ( she's doing quite well,actually ):):):cool:

We had the longest freeze in 35 years! it was about a month of snow on and off, and freezing hard for days at a time. it finally thawed out about 3 days ago, snow is all gone, as is the 2 inch layer of ice on my pond! goldfish all survived! yesterday was mostly sunny and nice enough for just a jacket so we went out of a long drive and lunch with our daughter. supposed to be getting nice and sunny all of next week with temperatures well above freezing so it will be time to spray the fruit trees with dormant oil. can not wait for garden season to be full on! :)

Hi Lynn, hi Janet and hi Phil!
Looks like we are all having weird weather for your areas!
Still warmer then normal with more rain and drizzle on the way for today....doubt we will see any sun today, or for the weekend!
36F ...going up to 41...and warmer for the weekend with rain, drizzle and fog!
Looking at the long term forecast...continuation of the same weather....mild, rainy, drizzly and foggy right through to Weds!!

WOW! Very FOGGY this morning!
39F with barely a whisper of a breeze...
Going up to 48 this afternoon with FOG!
Forecast is for FOG for the next 2 days....
Low tonight 39 with thick FOG!!

after days of gloom and doom, the sunshine finally appeared this morning. it shot up to about 50 and felt more like a march day than jan. I turned the heat off. now Im hearing a noreaster is coming up this way on monday. if we stay warm which we are supposed to we will get all rain. sounds like crazy weather for all of us this winter. have a great weekend everyone.

35 this morning and gloomy. going up to 45 today. too bad the sun wouldnt appear again. looks like a sleet mix for us for monday and tues, ugh

The fog lifted by noon yesterday and we had a lovely mostly sunny afternoon! Even got up to 50! By 4 pm the fog rolled back in!!
37 this morning with very thick fog again!
Calling for high of 45 and partly sunny this afternoon....
39F for the low tonight with rain by morning....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back