What's the weather in your area? 2017 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

yesterday was a perfect 10 day. this morning is gloomy. Im working all day so it doesnt matter. think there are thunderstorms in our forecast for this afternoon and tonight. it was nice sleeping last night tho.

We got rain last evening! Any rain is better then no rain...around 1/4 of an inche fell. No thunderstorms developed. ...
59F with fairly clear skies with light winds out of the SW.
Should get above 70 this afternoon with daytime heating.
Low tonight 59.....

Next hopeful 'rain event' for Thursday/Friday from Tropical Storm Cindy...looks promising..could cause flooding!

the sun came out yesterday so we never got rain. today has no rain in the forecast either. maybe friday. we need some rain here.

A Low pressure system from the west is moving in which will draw moisture from Cindy bringing thunderstorms for this afternoon once a warm front passes through....
Still not sure what Cindy's track will be, but will be getting a southern flow her for tomorrow as a cool front passes through...
64F ....humidex 72 light winds out of the south..
75F for the high with an 86 humidex.....
Low tonight 70....

Should be interesting tomorrow....

Update: the core of Cindy will remain south of the border, but will get the wrap around moisture from it!!

While in town yesterday morning clouds rolled in and started to rain...got home before the heavy rains and lightning started..lasted a good hour then cleared up. Temp rose to 77F with a 90F humidex.....
By evening clouds rolled in again and got another round of rain and rumbling.....late evening they issued a severe thunderstorm watch ...more rain and a fair amount of lightning.....warning lasted until 4am.
In total we didn't get much total rainfall....
The rain we did get was great but not a soaking rain....
More rain and thunderstorms for this afternoon and evening as the cool front passes through
73F and looks like that will be our high for today. Humidex is 86.
Light winds out of the SW...
Low tonight 63...

no rain around these parts. great that you got some Ron. we are supposed to get some thunderstorms this afternoon. Im hoping so as we need a drink here. its super sticky this morning. our humidity is going to the oppressive side, over 70%. at that point we should get rain.
have a great weekend everyone!

Decided to go to the reservation this morning....well....it started raining when I left!! Not simply showers, but heavy downpours!
It is a 2 hour round trip (in good weather) and it was a challenge with roads flooding....got my gas, did some banking and stopped for cheap smokes....took me an exra half hour!
Rained heavy all the way home....doesn't look like it will be stopping today... Finally getting a good soaking rain...about time too!

it was miserable here yesterday with the high humidity. we had one then another downpour but nothing like we needed. I woke up during the night and saw we were having thunderstorms. there are puddles out there so guess we got some good rain and the humidity is still there. nice and high!
but I heard on the weather channel that canada (thanks ron) is going to send down to us cooler air. I cannot wait for that. I hate having my windows closed up.

Yes Woodie, you will be getting cooler weather, problably by Monday!

The rains did stop around 2:30 yesterday afternoon...then stayed cloudy....fog developed in the evening coming in off the lake.

Sunny here this morning with very light winds out of the west.
68F with a humidex of 77.....
73F this afternoon with a humidex of 82...with winds out of the SW...
Thunderstorms with heavy downpours possible this afternoon and evening.
Clearing late evening with a low of 61....

Cool 64F with sunny skies....with light winds out of the SW...humidex 70F.
68 for the high with a 73 humidex....with winds picking up ..
Thunderstorms are possible for this afternoon with daytime heating....
Low tonight 59....
We are into a cool down today....will warm up starting on Weds..

sunday was wonderful. cool breeze, warm sunshine about 80 and low low humidity. what joy. I think it will be like that again today.
thanks ron for the better refreshing air.

It's a cool one this morning!
59F with mostly sunny skies.
Light wind out of the west.
High around 63F....No humidex today....
Thunderstorms possible this afternoon and evening....repeat of yesterday and Saturday due to daytime heating.
Dropping to 57 tonight....

cool this morning. Had thunderstorms roll thru during the night. 55 this morning but had to close the windows. more rain coming lateron.
it will start to heat up on friday and be nice and toasty over the weekend.

59 with a mix of clouds and sun....light winds out of the west.
Seems things are more disoganized this morning so not sure if today will be a repeat of yesterday....
Had a trace of rain early evening...storms, rain, thunder and hail occured inland all afternoon....
Thunderstorms called for this afternoon with a high of 66....
Dropping to 57 overnight.....
Tomorrow the heats starts to return...high 72....

got caught in the downpours yesterday comng home from work. I looked like a drowned rat.
today will be a lovely day. sunny with low humidity. that starts soon, lots of humidity friday!
your holiday is coming up Ron!

Yes, our Canda Day is coming! We'll be 150 Years old!

The low humidity and below seasonal temps is coming to an end!
Had some really heavy downpours yesterday afternoon! Much needed rain!
The system that dominated our weather since last Friday finlly moved out!!!

Sunny skies with a bit of haze this morning....
66F with a 75 humidex....light winds out of the west...
72 for the high with a 77 humidex this afternoon....
Rain moving in overnight with isolated showers....low 66.
Rain in the forecast for the next 5 days....

70F with cloudy skies...winds are still light out of the south
Humidex 77....
Rain and thunderstorms moving in for this afternoon with 20 mph winds out of the SW..
High 75 with a humdex of 88...
60% chance of rain and thunderstorms this evening and overnight...70% for Friday.

I know Ron, Ive seen it in all the tour magazines at work. its wonderful. will there be any fun celebrations in your area for your birthday?
cloudy here and the humidity is climbing up. chance of rain lateron and for the next 5 days. I never leave the house without an umbrella now.
its crazy! havent had to water flowers at all so far. our humidity will also climb to 70%. yuck

They have some activities and fireworks in town tomorrow...weather permitting.

Didn't get any of the storms yesterday...just a few short downpours in the evening.
Rained off and on last night...not much fell though.
This morning is overcast with showers....storms later on maybe....could see some moments of sun.
68 with a humidex of 81..
73 for the high with a humidex of 88..
68 for the low tonight with thunderstorms and rain.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back