What's the weather in your area? 2017 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

woodstock

55 here this morning and sunny going up to 81 so I nice day ahead of us. most of the week is more like high 70's and low 80's which is very nice.
have a great day everyone.

woodstock

yesterday was glorious here. we did get to 83 and today will be the same. rain for the end of the week and I guess thats the left over irma.
have a good day everyone.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Beautiful day yesterday with a high of 77!

59F with bands of clouds coming in from the south. Not expecting any rain today.
Very light winds out of the east.
75 for this afternoon with partly sunny skies...light winds out of the SW.
64 for the low tonight.

Rain moving in from what's left of Irma tomorrow morning....

woodstock

expecting rain in the pm. right now its muggy warm with cloudy skies with peeks of blue. very warm outside because of the humidity.
feels about 67 so far. suppose to get up to 80 again today. the rain is left over from irma and she will stay here for a few days. unless we boot her out of town. she needs to go away as she has done enough damage.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It hit 77 yesterday with a humidex of 83...just like a normal summer day!!
We are getting rain from what is left of Irma...she is sitting over Cincinnati Ohio and not moving much...at least the last time I looked. She is more then likely heading NE...
66F and cloudy.... humidex 75.
Possible showers off and on all day ..maybe....It'll be hit and miss...
73 for this afternoon, with a humidex of 84...should see some sun...
61 for the low tonight....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not even a drop of rain yesterday. It was mostly cloudy most of the day, cleared out by late afternoon....

64 with hazy blue skies....light breeze out of the west.
Heading up to 75+ with a humidex of 86+ with light winds out of the SW,
61 for the low tonight.

woodstock

it was sunny and steamy yesterday. I thought it would rain last night but it didnt. this morning is super foggy. sunshine later after the fog burns off. and about 80. also looks like another warm summer like week. yippee

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yesterday was mugggggy! Hit 79!

Super foggy here earlier....Hazy sunshine once it burns off.
63F with very light winds out of the south.
Heading up to around 77+ with a humidex of 88+...winds shifting out of the NE.
64 for the low tonight...

The heatwave continues through next week....with next to no precip!

woodstock

foggy this morning but that gave way to sunshine and it was a tad muggy but felt very summer like and nice. got to 80. looks like another week of this kind of weather which I can easily handle. not much rain either. nice to bbq this weekend.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can certainly handle this summer weather!! Looks like it will continue to the end of the month.

Hazy sunshine and already 68....the fog burned off quickly! ...humidex 81.
High 77 and add a + to that....with a humidex of 90...add another + to that with daytime heating!!
64 for the low tonight.

Looks like Lee will develop into a hurricane by Tuesday...looks like it will take a track similar to Irma!

Jose doesn't look like it will make landfall and won't be much of a bother staying well out in the Atlantic!

woodstock

80 today and 80 yesterday. looks like some 80's for the entire week. better weather than late august. I can take this. keep it coming.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will need to keep an eye on Maria! She is gaining strength...while Lee is losing strength.....Maria will grow to a major hurricane by tomorrow.....should hit level 4....potential level 5...
Jose is still a problem as it is redeveloping....could hit northeastern states...

Thick fog is burning off...
68 with very hazy skies....seems that we have smoke from the western forest fires to contend with in the upper atmosphere. The haze is not just the humidity level...
Bit cooler for today with a high of 75 with a humidex of 88..
Very light winds out of the SW.... shifting from the NE overnight with a low of 64.

woodstock

we had that thick fog for days. today we didnt have it. had the windows opened last night and reached for the blanket. today will be sunny not as warm as yesterday and sunday. those days reached over 80. today will be about 75, sunny and still a lovely day. enjoy everyone!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yesterday hit 80 with a 90+ humidex! It was nasty with very little winds!
Very foggy last night and this morning...slowly burning off/
Partly cloudy and 63, very light winds out of the NE.
Calling for a high of 75 with an 88 humidex light winds variable.
A weak coldfront expected to trigger a few thunderstorms later on today...maybe!
64 for the low tonight.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The cold front didn't come our way. It is staying to the NW heading NE, so the warm humid weather continues!

68F with hazy sunshine....very light winds out of the east...humidex 79.
Going up to 77+ with a humidex of 90...
64 for the low tonight with fog developing....

This long stretch of of heat and humidity will be continue right into next week....it really is weird and un-nerving.....

It is so sad, and upsetting, to witness Maria continue the destruction of the islands....

woodstock

very windy the past two days as jose is churning off the NE coast. we did not get any rains tho. last night they said if she stays a bit longer she will block maria. It is so sad to see all the destruction down on the islands, and in the keys. this has been a horrible hurricane season this yr. very scarey.
Ill be flying tomorrow to SC for my uncles memorial. wish me luck on the plane down and back. Ill miss my piper but she will be ok for a few days.
have a good weekend everyone.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have a safe trip Dawn!
63F with not much of a breeze out of the east.
Hazy sunshine!
Heading up into the low 80's with a humidex of 90+.....
...light breeze shifting out of the NE this evening with a low of 63....

woodstock

cloudy this morning but not much breeze. thats good for flying I think. have a great weekend everyone. we are going to have some awesome weekend here in NYS. high 80's for 3 days. wow happy fall!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some high thin clouds with very light winds out of the NE.
66 going up to 77+ with a humidex of 88+....
64 for the low tonight....
Looks like this weather will continue through next week...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heat warning issued for this weekend! Blah!
68 with mostly sunny skies and light winds out of the south.
Heading up to 82 with a humidex of 95...winds shifting out of the SW.
55 for the low tonight with a humidex of 75....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com