What's the weather in your area? 2017 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Cool nip in the air this morning!
43 with clear blue sunny skies....light winds out of the NW.
52 for this afternoon...and sunny.
43 for the low tonight with light winds shifting out of the SW

What a sharp contrast to yesterday.... winds were not as bad as they were inland away from the lake.
Average wind speed was around 30 mph with higher peak gusts...
Didn't lose power, but one point the lights were flickering....just enough to knock out my internet satellite connection....
By 10pm the winds started to quickly die down...
Didn't even get a drop of rain!

yesterday was an eye opener. got to 55 and the winds were whipping. still sunny but it didnt make a difference.
this morning it is 36. we are going up to 59. whoppee still its sunny and no wind. dont see frost on anything tho. starts to warm up tomorrow.

No frost last night...dropped to 39. I did bring in my tuberous begonias just in case...
54 with sun and clouds, winds gusting out of the SW.
61 for the high with strong winds out of the SW.
52 for the low tonight with gusting winds continuing out of the SW.

Warmer air moving in for the week...70's by the weekend....

57 with clear sunny skies....and light winds out of the SW.
64 for the high..should get higher, for this afternoon... winds picking up a bit..
55 fro the low tonight
No rain in the forecast....so far.
Looks fair for the long term..

61F with partly sunny skies. ...winds picking up speed this morning..
18-20 mph winds with higher peak gusts for this morning and afternoon, easing off this evening.
Winds out of the SW...
66 for the high this afternoon will probably go higher under sunny conditions...
45 for the low tonight. Guess I will need to light the wall furnace again....
Still no rain in the forecast...

Summery weather returning!

39 earlier...46 now with clear blue sunny skies.
Very light winds out of the SW...
Heading up to 64+.....
54 for the low tonight..
Then it really warms up for tomorrow, Sun and Monday!!

54 with faint winds out of the south.
Hazy sunshine....with high thin clouds..
Should get up to around 70 with mostly sunny skies this afternoon...
Low tonight 57...

amazing weather here for the past 4 days with more to come. 70's and 78 today. strange for this time of yr. the mornings are low 40's or 50's but it heats up fast. make me wonder when this is gone whats coming next. do we go into fall or straight to winter and the white stuff. Ive never seen a fall like this and we havent gotten our first first yet. leaves are horrible. yellow and drop. no beautiful reds oranges and rust like in Mass, NH and Maine.
people swimming in maine the other day.

Day 3 of our mini-heatwave....we are not as warm as you Dawn but it's just as nice.
Already 59 and should hit 75 with sunny conditions.
Low tonight 61.
Pretty much a repeat for tomorrow....but then things change.....down to more seasonal temps on Tuesday

51 and cloudy here this morning. guess the rain is coming in. we need the rain tho so not going to complain.

64F with partly sunny skies....winds are light out of the SE..
68 for the high with rain moving in from a slow moving system just to the west of us.
57 for the low with rain this evening and overnight with increasing wind speeds....

Going down to slightly below normal to just above normal for the week....

54 with lingering clouds.
Had mostly light blowing showers last evening and overnight....didn't get much total rain...maybe 0.04 inches....winds were gusting to around 30-40 mph....
Expecting isolated showers with some sun this morning and afternoon.....again, not much will fell.
Another round of rain for tomorrow...maybe 0.2 inches...
59 for the high...winds out of the SW..
48 for the low...winds 25-30 mph gusts....

Last edited:
Dropped to 43 last night! Had heavy downpours and gale force winds....
46F with cloudy conditions and lighter winds out of the SW.
Earlier I could see my breath and smelled like Fall!
More rain on the way, but should start clearing overnight
High 50 with a windchill of 46....
Dipping to 39 tonight with moderate winds out of the NW....windchill 34!

Guess I will be bringing in the rest of my tender potted plants!

wow you really got a touch of winter there Ron. we had the rain but the humidity stayed about 93. it was tropical. it dropped last night to 55 and today will be only 65. more rain to come lateron. then a cold front coming thru and pushing us even lower. but we warm up again over the weekend. very strange fall. summer was also very strange.

Heavy frost on the rooftops this morning...and a light dusting of frost on the lawns...33F
37F now with mostly sunny skies....very faint breeze out of the NW..
Warming up to 52 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies....with next to no winds out of the west.
Dropping to 36 overnight...with faint winds out of the north...frost again tonight..

Glad I brought the potted plants in yesterday!

36 this morning. no frost on the lawns this morning, but chilly enough. the leaves that hadnt turned look a lot better with the morning chill. now Im seeing some reds and oranges. supposed to see 60 today. no wind so far.
have a good weekend everyone!

Frost inland last night.....bit too breezy here due to the lake effect..
Mix of sun and clouds this morning with light winds out of the SE.
48 and going up to 63 with winds out of the south...should be mostly sunny with some clouds this afternoon.
Down to 52 tonight with rain moving in by morning,
Not many leaves left on the trees...most turned brown early and fell...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back