What's the weather in your area? 2022 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The snow sputtered out by late morning....then it drizzled as the temp went above freezing....fair amount of melting happened in the afternoon....as the winds died down..,,,total snowfall was around 4 inches....

I was right! Today was a good pick for a road trip! Roads should be clear and dry....with no blowing snow!

It's sunny and 25 right now....very light wind out of the west...
Going up to around 30 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies!
Dropping to 19 tonight then up to 39 tomorrow with showers!

woodstock

glad you can make your escape Ron. yesterday we had sunshine but by noon it was grey again, still be did hit 34. this morning is 15 and sunny, so if that sunshine stays it will make it up to 40 for today. that would be good for melting. the parking lot needs a little more melting to be clean. of course they are talking snow on sat, ugh but thats a ways off yet.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really needed to get out....I get cabin fever!!
We got up to just above freezing yesterday so there was a slow melt down....
17 last night and frosty this morning with freezing fog with light winds out of the east..shifting out of the south later on this morning...
41 for this afternoon with light rain..
43 for this evening with showers...
45 overnight with more showers..

It will be a good meltdown with the temps and rain....

Not sure what's going to happen this weekend....will it be feet of snow, or will it be loads of rain?

woodstock

woke up to gloom and 40 degrees, wow!!!
rain is in the forecast for later tonight, all friday maybe flooding, (as it breaks ice on the river) then it turns to freezing rain friday night and the weather channel is telling people to be careful of the ice and maybe loosing power, freezing rain all sat morning and ending in snow. sounds like a nightmare scenero!!! think Ill stay put sat morning and go out later when its done with the snow part.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Woke up to 50f...Wow!
Dark, dank and drizmal out there....winds are gusty out of the south
A lot of snow melted overnight with the warm winds! See a lot of green grass!
Calling for 48 for this afternoon with rain right through til tomorrow morning...winds moderate out of the south at 20 mph with higher gusts..

woodstock

woke up today to 40 and lots of melting down here as well. we are socked in with heavy fog tho so I will stay put until after rush hour and all the crazies. we are to have rain all day, then lateron tonight it will drop and then the freezing rain will come. they are talking at least a quarter of an inch of ice which would affect power lines and tree limbs, then sometime tomorrow late morning it will become snow since the temps will drop. after that mess I can go out and food shop. ugh going to be maybe a rough time. hoping we dont loose power.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Safe Woodie....hope you don't lose power!

55....now 57! Crazy!
Very thick fog and drizzle!
Just a few drifts and piles of snow left!
Slowly dropping to 43 (this won't last long) this afternoon ...then 19 this evening ...10 overnight.
Fog and rain changing over to snow early afternoon.....no freezing rain just a flash freeze on roads and wet/flooded areas..
Snow this evening.....right through until mid morning tomorrow.
Could get up to 10 inches, but probably 4 -6!

woodstock

nasty out there this morning. horrible fog and pouring rain. it did get to 62 tho so most of the snow is now gone. going to drop like a rocket lateron early morning down to 28 then ice and by morning snow. sounds like a wild ride. it was bad driving home tonight with the dark and fog. good thing I dont have to drive much to get to my house from work. only a mile and most people were staying far away from each other.

wow 10 inches Ron. be careful. it depends on the temps how much we get here. could be ice for hours then snow. we will see when I wake up tomorrow what Im dealing with. I dont need to really go out until it clears up in the afternoon.

woodstock

went from 62 yesterday to 29 this morning. we didnt get the ice it just dropped and went from rain to snow. snowing now but we are not to get much. still I will stay put until its all over. have a good weekend everyone.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got up to 62 for a short time late morning....then dropped to 10 overnight...Big drop in temp!!!
Snows started late afternoon and continued til early morning....
Not much snow stayed on the ground with the strong winds....I'd say we got no more then 4"s total....
The winds out of the NNW kept the parking area pretty clear of snow except for a few drifts....
It is sunny and cold this morning and still 10F....windchill -6
Winds are light out of the NW....
Dropping to 3 with a windchill of -11 tonight

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nippy morning! At least is is sunny again!!
18 with a windchill of 9.
Very light winds out of the SW...
21 for the high...windchill 14..
10 for the low.....windchill -4..

woodstock

chilly here this morning too. woke up to sunshine but 5 degrees. it will go up to 20 but the winds have started to whip around making it feel mighty chilly outside. another snow storm is predicted for this week. havent heard all the details on it yet tho.

woodstock

7 this morning and more talk of a snow storm thats coming across the states. dont think it will be much. at least its sunny today. not that it makes alot of difference, but sunshine makes people happier!!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a Alberta Clipper....since the air associated with this low is dry, there won't be much snow...maybe 2-4 inches.

12 with overcast hazy skies...light winds out of the east....windchill 0....
23 for the high with flurries....winds shifting out of the SE as the Clipper approaches....
23 for this evening with the bulk of the snow falling.
23 overnight with snow tapering off.....windchill 12.
23 for the high tomorrow with isolated flurries winds out of the SW...windchill 14..

Next round of snow by the weekend...depends on temp...could be wet snow/rain mix...high expected 37...

woodstock

20 this morning and a dusting of snow. its stopped now but Ive heard more is coming on and off all day. we should end up with about 9 inches. thats the most snow we have gotten all winter. looks like a warm up this weekend. high 30's and 40's.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like we got around 3 inches total since yesterday afternoon...
Expecting light flurries off and on for the next 2 days...

25F with periods of sun and clouds....light winds out of the SW....windchill 14.
Temp going down a bit this afternoon with a 21....windchill 9.
Down to 12 tonight...windchill -2.

3$ by Fri...Saturday 37, Sunday 37 with rain, Monday 43 with light rain... (bit of an update)

Last edited:

woodstock

snow showers all day yesterday but didnt amount to anything but a coating on the roads making it slick after work going home. snow picked up intensity about 7pm and went all night, still going actually but now lighter, and so far we have about 7 inches of fluffy white stuff. going to 30 today, but then dropping to 10 tonight. I see 40's over the weekend so maybe we will loose a little of this white junk. geez how many days until spring!!!???

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Add another 3"s from yesterday and overnight....
More flurries today..mix of sun and cloud...with some squall activity possible since Lake Erie still isn't completely froze over. at 86%...
10 with a windchill of -4 ...14 mph winds out of the SW
Heading up to 19 with a windchill of 3 ....winds picking up a bit and expected to increase all day...peaking at 26 mph overnight...
16 for the low tonight....windchill -4

woodstock

got to 20 today with snow all day long, but it didnt acummulate after noontime. ended up with at least 8 inches of fluffy white stuff which quickly turned to ice with the wind. its going down to 8 tonight, so anyone whos driveways are not cleared will be all ice. our parking lot has been cleaned up nicely as usual.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com