Organic Bug Control

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dor

One of my raised garden beds is overun with pill bugs. I pulled up the rest of my collard and mustard greens today and the little bugs were everywhere. Should I leave them alone or try to get rid of them? Does anyone have a good organic remedy as I am planting veggies in this bed?

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would use Crabbers hot pepper spray. I've used it on the plants and it won't hurt the ground. I gets rid of many critters.

latebloomer

These are good bugs. They help to chew up larger pieces of waste so your worms can compost them faster. If they seem to be taking over try these tricks to control the population:
Cut small circles out of a sour cream container at the bottom edge (big enough for a sow bug to get into) Place a half cup of cornmeal it container and snap the lid on. Set on top of bedding. You can remove the bugs every couple of days if you like. Chickens and ducks think this a fun treat if you empty the bugs into their yard.

An upside down coffee can on top of your soil will attract sow bugs also. You can tap it out for the chickens or fill it with water and cover it to drown the bugs.

A shallow dish filled with beer will attract sow bugs too. When placed level in the bedding, they will meet with their last hangover by drowning in the beer. This works well for snails and slugs in your garden too.

Dor

Thanks Lyn and Cyndi. I read up a little on them and saw that they are beneficial so I will leave them alone. My yardman is back and just put a bag of compost over the bed and a bag of mulch. I will plant the bed tomorrow with cucumbers and whatever their companions are.

Bannetsmith

I have read about your problem to reduce the ratio of bugs cleaning is an important thing and you need not to much worried about it.It will take some days but you need to spray on effected area regularly and see the results after some time. Jusst wait for some time after spray.. >>

Steven Michael

Here all these information which you can share over here are really great. These all are Place a half cup of cornmeal it container and snap the lid on. Set on top of bedding.

Notter

Pretty helpful information on organic bug control. I am looking for reputed pest management services which are giving heat treatment for bed bugs as I have heard that this is one of best treatments for getting rid of this bed bug problem.

daniel22

Hello everyone,

I have recently moved to Sydney with my family, and we are living in a rented house which was closed from few months.

There is a small garden in my backyard. But it was covered with many harmful insects which was dangerous to my family.

So I want to ask, is there anyone who knows any bug control services in Sydney, Australia?

Thanks in advance.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Daniel and welcome to our forum...
We have very few members from Australia. You can google 'insect control services in Sydney Australia' to get a local listing...
You really need to identify the species you have in your garden as to which ones are harmful and ones that beneficial...
Here's a few I googled:
  1. Pest Control In Sydney - Give Pests The Flick Today‎
    Adwww.flick-anticimex.com.au/Sydney/PestControl‎

Home & Commercial. Local Offices. One Flick And They're Gone! Call Us Now.
    Services: Ants, Cockroaches, Rats & Mice, Bed Bugs, Termites, Possums
  2. Bug Stop Pest Control - Pest Control Sydney - bugstop.com.au‎
    Adwww.bugstop.com.au/PestControl‎

+61 2 9796 7999
    Termite Control & Pest Control Services. Food & Industrial. Call Us Today!
    Total Pest Maintenance · Industrial Pest Control · High Quality Pest Control · HACCP Reporting
  3. Pest Control Peace of Mind - AAA+ Team, Products, Service‎
    Adwww.pestforce.com.au/contact-us‎

Expert Technicians-Termite/Bed Bug Detection Dog Teams Call our 96512311
    30 Years+ experience · Environmentally Friendly · Highly experienced
    Highlights: Tailored Treatments And Management Strategies, Environmental And Household Friendly
  4. Best Pest Control Services - Fast Free Inspection - crushbugs.com‎
    Adwww.crushbugs.com/‎
    Our rates are competitive and are survive is professional. Call to Schedule!
    Licensed And Insured Firm · Family-Owned And Operated

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com