What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dropped to 10 last night with a windchill of 0!!
Finally warming up! Not much, but it is a start!!

21 with mix of sun and clouds...gusty winds out of the South 16 mph....windchill 7.
32 this afternoon with sun and clouds...gusty winds shift out of the SW 19 mph...windchill 19.
32 this evening with isolated flurries...winds 23 mph...windchill 19.
28 overnight...winds shift out of the west 19 mph...windchill 16.
30 by morning with gusty winds....high 36!!

Had a weak system come through last evening with a dusting of snow! Winds were in the 30-40 mph range.....

32 with overcast skies... winds out of the west 11 mph..windchill 28.
36 this afternoon...mix of sun and clouds...winds shift out of the SW 14 mph...windchill 27.
30 this evening....cloudy...11 mph winds...windchill 21.
19 overnight...light winds shift out of the north,,windchill 9.
21 by morning...hopefully, mostly sunny..light winds shift out of the NE...windchill 10.

A weak cold front passed through last evening. Temps are bit cooler this morning.

27 with mix of sun and clouds...light winds out of the NE...windchill 19.
32 this afternoon and partly sunny...light winds shift out of the east...windchill 27
27 this evening...winds pick up a bit at 11 mph...windchill 16.
32 overnight as warmer air moves in....winds shift out of the SE 16 mph...with mixed precip...around and inch depending on temp...probably just rain.
39 by morning with light rain.....winds shift out of the SW 22+mph..windchill 28.

We had an artic cold front for two days, but then we warmed up again. High 30s and low 40s are ok for me in winter, not much sun tho, yesterday was sunny and a nice day, people were taking off their coats but too cold still for me to do that. Was supposed to get snow this morning but so far I'm not seeing it.

It was a messy night here with snow/freezing rain/rain! By morning it changed over to just rain once the warm front passed through!

39 with drizzle and fog....winds are moderate out of the SW....windchill 28.
41 with light rain....winds 20 mph out of the SW... windchill 41.
34 this evening...cloudy...winds shift out of the west 17 mph...windchill 23.
25 overnight as a cold front passes through..windchill 25.

25 by morning with mostly sunny skies....

Hi Folks -
Been little while since I said that here. Been in Denmark over the Holiday's and shortly after Anette and I returned back home,I ended up with a nasty left hand and had to go see about it there. I was told I have arthritis there and the pain actually shoots up all the way to my left shoulder. ( I am a drummer and the doctors that looked at me ,told me that it was normal for drummers to get that in there hands ) Anette told me that I need to cut back at my drumming for awhile there -- thanks Hun! :rolleyes: But I think I do now as I really don't have much choice there! When I was in Denmark,I was doing a lot with my hands I think helping one of Anette's friends move and I might have over did there too. I am right-handed,so if it was going to happen -- I am glad it chose my left hand to do so. The people where I work here are very understanding about my Delima and well..... I'm still working there ,just on a light scale for awhile!! Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday season and with 2020 well on it's way now,I trust it will be a great year for us all ! Guess,here has been very rainy this season ( a few cold snaps but..... ). Being in NE Ohio we do need some cold and snow to help kill off the bugs, germs,illnessness ,pollen and whatever...... We may get Blessed this year with not much of that by looks of things but, the more Blessed we are now ,will Hurt us come Spring and Summer I think!!! It was rainy in Denmark ( still is matter of fact ) When we got there ,I asked Anette if she packed that Ark?!? :)
Anyways,I. just thought I would say Hello and let ya know I haven't fallen off the earth! ( I realize it has been awhile since I was here and all, apologize for that 1 as I did state I would be around more --------- did not plan on dealing with a messed up hand at all ) You folks take care and I will hang in there too!! ( Anette sends her love to ya, she just walked past and wondered what I was unto ):cool:. Take Care........

Hi Phil!
You have been away for a while!
Good to hear that your doing well and looks like you are keeping yourself busy!
Winter has been very unusual with weather patterns we've never seen before....with above normal temps and more rain then snow! Having a short cold snap and will be warming up again above normal!
Hoping spring comes early though we may regret it when it finally does warm up, with the way the climate is rapidly changing!!
Can't wait to get back into gardening! Might even put in a few more gardens! Maybe!

Say hi to Anette, and look after your hand! Pain is age related and you will get used to it, if not there are meds for it! ;)
Take care!

28 here with isolated flurries...might see some sun this afternoon...with a high of 32....then it slowly drops to a low of 16 with a windchill of 3! It'll be a bit colder tomorrow and then it slowly starts to warm up again...high Sun in the low to mid 40's!

Reactions: PRH
Cold this morning, but sunny! Windchill last night was 1!!

19 with sunny skies with clouds out over the lake...light winds out of the NW..windchill 9.
25 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies...moderate winds shift out of the west...windchill 14.
19 this evening...11 mph winds...windchill 7.
16 overnight.....light winds....windchill 1.
18 by morning with sunny skies...winds kicking up 16 mph...windchill 3.

Tomorrow we slowly start to warm up....high 30....

It will be warming up, but the strong winds out of the SW will give a nasty windchill!

21 with sunny clear skies...winds out of the SW 13 mph....windchill 9.
30 with sunny skies... winds 22 mph...windchill 18.
27 this evening....winds 25 mph...windchill 10.
25 overnight.....winds shift out of the west 22 mph..windchill 10.
27 by morning....winds 20 mph ..windchill 12.

37 for the igh tomorrow...variable cloudiness...winds out of the SW 21 mph...windchill 30.

Quite the windstorm last evening and overnight! Winds gusted 40 -50 mph! Could see 20 mph gusts again today as the temp goes up....

32 with sunny skies...winds out of the SW 14 mph...windchill 21.
37 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies...winds 20 mph...windchill 28.
34 and mainly clear this evening with winds 17 mph...windchill 23.
30 overnight ...winds 16 mph...windchill 18.
32 by morning...winds continue out of the SW 18 mph...windchill 21.

High tomorrow 43
Monday 41
Tues 36 with a system moving in...mixed precip...should be mostly a rain event.
Weds 43 with light rain
Thurs 30 with isolated flurries!

Winds have finally died down overnight as the temps went up. Most of the snow and ice has melted and should be gone by tomorrow with the warm temps coming in from the SSW!
39 with mostly clear sunny skies..light winds out of the SW...no windchill this morning!
45 this afternoon with sunny skies...15 mph winds out of the SW...windchill 37.
37 this evening...cloudy periods..15 mph winds ,,,windchill 28.
36 overnight...light winds continue out of the SW,,,windchill 27.
37 by morning!

Colder temps move in by Thursday with high 27...high 23 on Fri with snow possible!

Hi back atya Ron and thank you for the advice over my hand there! -

Been actually pretty nice here today - sunny and in the lower 50's as a High for the temp there. That being said, it will give way to rain showers overnight and all day tomorrow with lower temps overnight in the low 30's and temps in the upper 40's tomorrow. ( really a very odd Winter Season all over the globe going on ):confused:
Hope everyone is doing well -- I am seeing a Chiropractor currently for my hand ( he puts my finger joints back into place as I guess they have been out there as well. ( talk about having some pain during that time ) He has taken a few x-rays of my hand after some of his treatments and I guess they are looking better then when I started. ( just very sore from hurting currently and I think I would rebel too there some too ) :) - I really don't want surgery if I no need it! -
But yes, I find things to keep me busy ( think I always will be bent towards that way )!! Anette is doing well and I think I gave her some ear rest with my drumming for awhile too. ( course ,I find those videos of drumming .... ) :):D
Ok all, you have a Great week and I will do the same advice too ---- I'll also be around from time to time!! Take Care friends......

Hi Phil!
Having major issues with the satellite connection...was down for 14 hours yesterday and it crashed again around 4 hours ago....finally got back on but it probably won't last!
I'll keep it short...major winter storm moving in this evening, Could get 4 to 8 inches :( It won't be overly cold but we wil be getting snow pretty until Saturday! Blah!

I'll be back on tomorrow! Take care!

My xplornet crashed again for 6 hours with a few minutes on then off again! Anyway, I'm back on again. Te storm system is here and got just a light dusting earlier this morning...now nothing...Looks like it my be another whimpy storm!

32 with overcast skies....light winds out of the NE.
34 this afternoon with snow..winds kick up to 14 mph...windchill 25 could get 2 inches.
32 this evening with snow...could get 2-4 inches,
25 overnight with snow...could get 2 inches....winds shift out of the west 18 mph..windchill 10.
25 by morning with light snow...maybe half inch!

The storm was a whimpy one...not much snow fell yesterday..it was mostly rain from late morning to mid evening with temp hovering around 34. The temp dropped to freezing..then the snows started. Heavy at times...easing off overnight. Got around 3 inches....snow tapered off this morning...now the sun is out and the wrap around winds have begun...nothing like blowing snow!

23 with mostly cloudy skies...sun pops out every now and then...winds out of the west 21 mph with higher gusts....windchill 7.
25 with flurries...winds kick up 28 mph with higher gusts...windchill 9.
23 this evening with flurries....winds still out of the west 27 mph...windchill 5.
18 overnight..variable cloudiness...winds 25 mph...windchill 0! NOT NICE! :(
19 by morning...winds 24 mph...windchill 1!

On to south side of the lake they are having blizzard conditions due to the strong winds off the lake!

It's going to warm up a bit today, and more so tomorrow!!
21 with a mix of sun and clouds...winds out of the west 19 mph ..windchill 5.
25 this afternoon..winds kicking up to 22 mph...flurries possible...windchill 10.
23 this evening...winds easing off a bit...snow squalls possible..windchill 9.
18 overnight with snow squalls...winds shift out of the NW..13 mph. windchill 3.

Last day of the arctic air masse! Just gotta get through today! Happy Leap Day!!

14 with partly sunny skies...winds ut of the west 10 mph...windchill 3.
25 this afternoon...isolated flurries..winds 15 mph..windchill 12.
21 this evening....winds 12 mph...windchill 9.
18 overnight...winds 10 mph..windchill 5.
19 by morning with clear skies...winds shift out of the SW 11 mph...windchill 9.
High tomorrow 36 mix of sun and clouds...winds 13 mph!

Breezy and snow on the ground for the last few days ( temp today will be in lower 30's and 20's overnight ) At least it's not snowing today and some good news high temps will be in the upper 40's but a very cold start in the morning hrs. ( very unusual weather pattern (s) going on all over the globe ) ---- just hope it don't decide to pull a snowstorm on us sometime in March as that can be really a wild month there . The lake effect snow can be not fun as the lake itself never really got frozen this winter and the snow could be a lot if that happens too!! ----
Otherwise,I'm doing ok overall and dealing with my hand as best I can ( it will get better or as Ron said use to it ) :) Being a drummer though for over 50 yrs,I might need to really adjust myself there somehow... ( wow, where did that time go there - over 50 yrs Phil - ). I am working still ,so that helps out ( just put on what they call "Light Duty" for awhile )
Anywho,I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with whatever ya have planned! Will continue to be around from time to time..... Have a good 1,folks......

Hi Phil! Forgot to come here yesterday! Oh well! Yesterday was a transition day going from extreme cold, snowy and windy conditions to warmer less windy conditions. The snow and snow and snowsqualls quickly came to an end late Saturday. Hit 37 afternoon with mostly sunny skies and light winds....continued to go up, and our low last night was 43!
A warm, rainy system moved in last night!
43 this morning with rain....not much in the way of winds out of the SW...windchill 34.
43+ this afternoon with light rain...winds kicking up to 18 mph...windchill 34.
39 this evening with showers...winds easing off to 10 mph....
34 overnight...clearing...light winds shift out of the south...windchill 28.
36 by morning

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back