Flower Identification?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

LAMARQ

I see this flower every year in front of a house in my town. I love it. It's big, bold and looks like paper. This pic isn't the best quality, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

IMAG0102.jpg

looks like a hibiscus to me but not 100% sure as it's hard to see in the pic
search it and see if it is

Look's like a Dinner Plate Hibiscus

True, and as LAMARQ also said, they are as big as dinner plates :)
My last delivery was a hibiscus as well and they are lovely in my garden. Their bloom is so great - in both senses, big and beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a dinner plate to me too. I love that they are pretty hardy, at least mine is doing fine in our zone 5b/6a. The blossoms look so fragile, like they are made out of paper.
A great plant to have.

Welcome!

Does the flower have a long stamen? I meant the tube coming out of the flower? Does it have it? It is hibiscus if it has it...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back