Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. R

garden 2013

My garden consists of containers, some 18-gal totes and some 5-gal buckets, all with generous drainage holes and all sitting on double 2x4's arranged like a train track. This track lets the drainage flow good and reduces slugs, etc. Tomatoes and peppers are all I'm growing so far except for one...
  2. R

seed catalogs

A few days ago I got a Pinetree Seeds catalog in the mail. Expecting a few more before the end of the year. Sadly, one company I deal with has gone over to all-internet, that is, no printed catalog. I won't be dealing with them any more unless they get in something rare (and cheap), LOL. Do you...
  3. R

Experienced gardeners

I'm wondering if any of you experienced gardeners have had this happen to you? A novice, usually a lazy gardener (LOL) comes to you for advice about a problem they have. They might even write down the solution you suggest. The problem is they expect immediate results by following only part of...
  4. R

Gardening in 2012

My hot and mild peppers are UP this morning. Put them under their light. One more week or so and I will start the tomatoes. Oh happy day! Pics will follow.
  5. R

Sprouts

Is anyone making sprouts indoors for salad/stir-fry/ sandwiches? Just curious. This is the perfect time for them if you have the seeds. Later will be so busy with all the seed-starting for plants... What are your favorite kinds. I like alfalfa, broccoli and basil sprouts.
  6. R

a different point of view

Whenever I see plants for sale at the stores, they are usually growing in a tiny cell of dirt, yet the top is 8 inches high or better. Especially with tomatoes, if you pop those out and plant them deep the stem sends out more roots and all is well in a little while. So... Since I am now old and...
  7. R

Water filters

I have a friend that has arsenic in their water. Not sure of the level but the EPA site says it has to be below 10 pp billion. He says he gets letters from the utility warning about "high levels". So, my question to you all is, have you dealt with this and if so what filter did you use? Links to...
  8. R

Gladiolus

I am not a big flower gardener but I like a few perrennials that I don't have to fool with much. Moving a couple clumps of daylillies yesterday and I cut into the corms (?) of a few glads so I thought I'd replace them. I got a bag a little bigger than I planned, it has 70 in it. So my question...
  9. R

New user from TN

Hi all. I am a new member but an old gardener. Retired now and even cut back on garden size to a few containers by the door. Too old to fight the bermuda grass any more, lol. Last year I had tomatoes, peppers, cukes, onions (for scallions) kale and cilantro. Probably about the same mix this...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back