Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. L

My second life

Well, not mine really but.... Plants change with seasons. I need to remove the muscari's and daffodils.
  2. L

A few pics from my flowers

Clematis "Multi Blue" (has to open more) miniature rose Wisteria Wisteria herbs in grow bags
  3. L

Two questions

First I would like to identify this one. I've got it last year but no flowers, I don't know if it grows any. then second, I'm sure this is a disease, but what? . it's on a non decorative plant, but I feed those to my bunnies (cannot remember the name right now)
  4. L

repair terracotta

Did you ever succesfully repair a terracotta pot? One of my bigger pots broke in two pieces over winter and I would like to repair it as it is a clean "scar". I'm not sure what glue to use. It doesn't matter if it's not fully waterproof, as long as the two pieces stay stuck together firmly
  5. L

Pinterest

I just started but I invite you to take a look at my garden from how it was when we bought the house and through the years. http://pinterest.com/cottagecats/gardening/ don't know if you need to be on Face Book to look, sorry
  6. L

What we (mostly I) did today

Yesterday I started removing the grass from the area where plants should go. Last year my hubby did that, but if you just leave it be, that's no good :mad: So I challenged myself to take all the grass out and today I asked my son to help and now the area is almost clear. I'm planting things...
  7. L

Wild or not wild?

How do I know whether my rose has new twigs or are they wild twigs? I bought this rose http://www.rogersroses.com/gallery/DisplayBlock.asp?bid=1562&gid=37 a few years ago and moved it to another spot last year (or the year before, can't remember) because it wasn't doing very well. Now...
  8. L

Look, look what I found!

Thanks to you all folks! I would never have noticed but now I saw them at my local garden center and bought the only pot that will make me happy for some time :) They are called "Ice Follies"
  9. L

Dead or not dead, that's the question

This is my syringa (Syringa microphylla I think) I planted it the summer we moved here, 2004. This is how it looks now It's a bit hard to see because there's plants behind, but this is the top of it so, at the bottom it has a lot of new branches and leaves, but the top is, er...
  10. L

Just wondering...

You can have tulips in any colour, but why aren't there any pink daffodils? Fuschia's come in varieties of pink, purple, red, white, but why no yellow? Violets are blue, pink, yellow, white, you name it, but why are Forget-me-nots always blue/purple? And why are so few flowers green...
  11. L

The fuschia's and me

Many years ago I knew someone that grew different fuschia's and I bought some of her. We went on vacation, a neighbour "took care" of my garden and all the fuschia's died. Over the years I have bought many, but mostly the ones that you find in any garden center. Today, there was a small plant...
  12. L

My very own catalogue

As I have been buying a lot of new plants, I was thinking setting up a kind of catalogue, database, call it my own gardening book if you like. Now I don't have a clue where to start. I found a database on the internet but I'm not sure how to work from there. I tend to throw away the cards that...
  13. L

Greetings from far away!

As I don't find any nice forum in my country or the next, I spread out my wings and so here I am. I live in Flanders, Belgium and though we may not always get the same plants, I guess most of my questions could get an answer no matter where you all are. Besides that, I like talking to people...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back