Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. MorningGlory

Flower Identification! Help!

Thanks!:D
  2. MorningGlory

I'm sorry, I had to take it with my phone and it doesn't take pics well.:oops: Nasturium? Huh, I wonder how it got there! Thanks!
  3. MorningGlory

What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

Partly cloudy but nice!:p
  4. MorningGlory

Advise wanted: Seedlings Covered by Mud

This has happened many times to me. I just gently wash them with some rain water. You also might try putting news papers around the area so the dirt won't splash up.;)
  5. MorningGlory

I need some help figuring out what this flower is. it popped up in my planter this year but I have never planted anything relatively close to it. Thanks to anyone who tries <3
  6. MorningGlory

Greenhouses for Mn

I'm really wanting to build a small greenhouse so I can garden year round(I know that probably sounds silly for mn). I love gardening, and I go crazy in the winter when I can't garden. How would I heat the greenhouse cheaply? It is often below zero.
  7. MorningGlory

Compost

Looking for composting container ideas! DIY is great since ready made ones are way to exspensive. I know many people just pile it on the ground, but I want it to be somewhat contained. Thanks ahead of time!:D
  8. MorningGlory

Mint and Basil

I am going to be growing basil and mint in pots this year, I'm wondering are only the leaves edible? If I dry them on the stems(like drying flowers) do I just use the leaves? Thanks:D
  9. MorningGlory

Indoor "Greenhouse"?

Thanks for the help! 50 seems warm when its below 0 outside LOL!
  10. MorningGlory

Indoor "Greenhouse"?

Living in minnesota means a short growing season. I don't have an actual greenhouse, so I start ALL my plants in my house in a window. They do all right, but I am wondering what ideas you can give me for keeping them warmer so they are healthier. The average temp in late winter/early spring...
  11. MorningGlory

Help with tree cutting?

Thank you!
  12. MorningGlory

Coffee Grounds

Lucky you! Coffee grounds are an in-between (not considered brown or green) for compost. Also, you can use it as mulch for your plants.
  13. MorningGlory

Help with tree cutting?

I am wanting to take a cutting from a maple near my house, and I am wondering if anyone knows of anything that can be made at home to help with rooting? I know about the willow tree one, but are there any others? Thanks. P.S. The cutting would be for a pre-bonsai. :)
  14. MorningGlory

Mountain Ball Cactus Help

I am thinking about growing one of these. What size pot do you recommend? What type of fertilizer? Thanks!:)
  15. MorningGlory

My Pork Chop Recipe!

Your welcome! :)
  16. MorningGlory

What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

Randy, be careful out there! My dads been a truck driver for more than 20 yrs. and I know all to well how bad freezing rain can be! Last year, we had 2 days of melting temps, then a day or two of freezing, then a day of freezing rain.... It was BAD! You couldn't take a step without almost...
  17. MorningGlory

Today is another cold day! Below 0 again... But thankfully its supposed to get back above 0 in 3 days!
  18. MorningGlory

My Pork Chop Recipe!

I thought I'd share my recipe for Roasted Tomato Pork Chops! Ingredients: 3-4 Roma tomatoes diced Desired amount of diced green bell pepper 1/2 tsp. thyme (dried) 1/4 tsp. rosemary (dried) 1/2 tsp. parsly (dried) 1/4 tsp. basil (dried) 4 thick pork chops BBQ sauce Warm a frying...
  19. MorningGlory

Mint

Ok, I'll try a larger pot! Thanks!
  20. MorningGlory

We've got 2 small dogs(puggle and daug), and its so cold that they can't walk outside 'cause it freezes thier paws! We have to put baby socks on thier feet so they can walk! Its SO funny to see! They look so cute!LOL

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back