Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. palmettogal

tobacco stick fence

I love it!!!!
  2. palmettogal

BBQ recipes?

Fire N Ice Summer Salad 1/4 c apple cider vinegar 1/4 c red wine vinegar 1/4 c sugar 1 tsp salt 1 tsp horseradish 1 tsp celery seed 1 tsp mustard seed 1 med green pepper, cut into thin strips 1 sm red onion, cut in half and sliced thinly 1 jalapeno, chopped fine 3 large tomatoes cut into...
  3. palmettogal

Lily

WOW! $12.99? I paid $1 for mine at a yard sale. Guess I should have brought more. When I get around to separating the bulbs (I think you do that in the fall for this plant) I'll post on here and give them away. Mine are pink/white.
  4. palmettogal

Lily

Think all of those descriptions are correct, Kya, and also "surprise lily" I believe. Spider...the one I have took several years to bloom from the time I first planted. Last year I noticed there was "new" growth in a circle around the original plant and when I looked closely it appeared to be 8...
  5. palmettogal

Yikes...watch your head!!

Yep...a mockingbird. I've had them chase me from my house to the neighbor's! Finally learned to wear a hat when I'm out in the yard. We have lots of them around and they attack each other constantly!! I do love to listen to them, though. Their beautiful sounds are the trade off for their bad...
  6. palmettogal

shoe shine kit

What a great idea!
  7. palmettogal

Roses in Italy

My trip is almost over. I have been salivating over the roses that are a staple in just about every single yard, along businesses, and the streets. It must be perfect growing conditions because they are the biggest rose blooms I have ever seen in my life. Beautiful pinks, reds, oranges, yellows...
  8. palmettogal

Cherry Tree Dilemna/Dilemma

Thanks Kya and Ron. I was researching images online earlier and came across the borer as the likely problem. I sure hate that! I will print out the publication you mention and get to work on it when I get home. And yes, Ron, I do have a few metal coat hangers that I keep around for things that...
  9. palmettogal

plant description/ tags

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/ Maybe you could highlight the short descriptions under the photo image and print out just that part. Wouldn't work if you're trying to get all of that on a small tag. At a recent plant sale they had a notebook with printouts of the plants available (with photo)...
  10. palmettogal

Cherry Tree Dilemna/Dilemma

Weird word...I was taught to spell it with an "N", which spell-check does NOT like, so I googled and there is boatload of discussion about the proper spelling. Who knew? Oh well, back to the issue at hand...one half of my Kwanzan Cherry is dead. The other half appears healthy. I sure hate to...
  11. palmettogal

Cold Frames/Mini-Greenhouses

looks like a great set-up!
  12. palmettogal

Tree for our backyard?

I have a Muskogee that is about 8 years old. I haven't been all that happy with the shape as it has grown but don't know if that is just the way the tree grows or something I did or did not do, or if it will just eventually grow from being an ugly duckling into a swan. The blooms are pretty but...
  13. palmettogal

a good companion flower

Ahhh...should pay better attention!
  14. palmettogal

a good companion flower

Are you sure the lantana won't come back? Mine has not as of yet but every year that I think it has been killed off in the winter it suddenly shows back up.
  15. palmettogal

First Asparagus harvest of the year yesterday

I've never tried to grow asparagus. I love them fresh and steamed, naked or with herbs, garlic, and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. My all time favorite way of eating them is to just take the lid off canned asparagus and dive right in with a fork.
  16. palmettogal

Hummer

Hope they're heading my way! We put our feeders out over the weekend!
  17. palmettogal

Knockout Roses

Thanks SpiderLily! Kya...you sent the yellow starts. Zone-wise I should be fine. I'll give them a little longer to see if something happens. Noticed that 2 of my 3 peonies haven't come back either. Hmmm.
  18. palmettogal

Knockout Roses

What's your method, SpiderLily? I NEED to be cheap!!! I had great results once with the baggie method of propagation but apparently that was a "first time's the charm" deal, because it hasn't gone well since then and I gave it up. Kya...remember the shoots you sent me last year? I was looking...
  19. palmettogal

Knockout Roses

I picked up two yellow knockout roses over the weekend. Haven't gotten them in the ground yet. They were good sized plants, $16. Park Seed had them at the festival of flowers last June for $2. Not large ones, but definitely worth $2. I didn't buy any, but plan to this year if they have them again.
  20. palmettogal

<New Member xD

Welcome aboard!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back