Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. palmettogal

Roses in Italy

My trip is almost over. I have been salivating over the roses that are a staple in just about every single yard, along businesses, and the streets. It must be perfect growing conditions because they are the biggest rose blooms I have ever seen in my life. Beautiful pinks, reds, oranges, yellows...
  2. palmettogal

Cherry Tree Dilemna/Dilemma

Weird word...I was taught to spell it with an "N", which spell-check does NOT like, so I googled and there is boatload of discussion about the proper spelling. Who knew? Oh well, back to the issue at hand...one half of my Kwanzan Cherry is dead. The other half appears healthy. I sure hate to...
  3. palmettogal

Easy Ice Packs

1 part isopropyl rubbing alcohol 3 parts water freezer bags (size is up to you) I double bag mine just to make sure leaking isn't a problem. These freeze up slushy...sort of like the gel stuff...work just as good and last a long time.
  4. palmettogal

Canning recipes

I don't know that I'll ever get over my fear of pressure canners! I managed to get my first canned beans done last night but I'm in a low-level state of anxiety the whole time the pressure cooker is doing it's thing. I always feel like it's going to blow the lid and, with my luck, head straight...
  5. palmettogal

The Shed...or, you might be a redneck if...

I'm cheap. I admit it. Our "shed" was homemade out of a 10' X 10' X 6' chain fence dog kennel. We made our floor of bricks, covered the dog kennel with free aluminum siding, fashioned trusses for a roof, then built out a lean-to for the riding lawnmower. It's the perfect shed. The links of the...
  6. palmettogal

Park Seed Sale during SC Festival of Flowers

The Greenwood SC Festival of Flowers is coming up next month. Here is the link for anyone interested. We had a great time last year and the prices at Park Seed's plant and seed sale were unbeatable! The test gardens gave us lots of ideas. We ended our day with a free bluegrass concert on the...
  7. palmettogal

A propagation tale

I placed a picture of a rose in the gallery this morning. There is an unbelieveable story connected to this rose but it's way too long to post in this forum. A "friend" at the time, Louise, and I were driving through town and saw this rose blooming like crazy on the side of the road from the...
  8. palmettogal

Home Depot Sale

Their 1 gallon annuals were on sale for $1.50! Couldn't pass that up. I spent the better part of my day on Saturday planting at my daughter's house. The previous homeowner (who I knew well) had removed every shrub and tree from the front of the property some years ago so the place was barren. We...
  9. palmettogal

Need a potato education

I bought a bag of seed potatoes at a local farm/garden center but didn't get much in the way of advice on how to plant them. I know the basics as far as planting with the eyes facing up, the soil requirements and such. My education need is how to cut the potato (thick? thin?) and prepare it for...
  10. palmettogal

Hello everyone!

Spider_Lily...thanks for the invitation! I see other familiar faces here as well. Hello to all of you I haven't met before from sunny and warm (at least all next week) South Carolina!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back