Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. J

Happy Birthday Miss Crabber!

Many happy birthday wishes for you today Nancie!
  2. J

Anyone know about CSA? Community Supported Agriculture

I am interested in buying a share in a local farm for next year...just heard about this on PBS the other night. We are trying to be self sufficient but our yard doesn't cooperate.
  3. J

Monticello

Ok all of you veggie gardeners...who has been to Thomas Jefferson's Monticello? I just watched a PBS show on it. Sounds like a day trip to me, only 3 hours from us.
  4. J

Canning and freezing recipes

With the summer season upon us I think that we should have a thread just for our favorite recipes. I have to dig out my favorite from last year...Peach Habanero pepper jam. Just thought I would get everybody thinking. Today is defrost the big chest freezer, do jar inventory, and go thru...
  5. J

Wisteria Trees

Has anyone ever trained a wisteria into a tree form? I started one in Ontario about 7 years ago, but never had a chance to enjoy it at maturity. We went out garden center shopping yesterday and I saw some beauties that were probably ten years old and all ready to pop open. I have seen very...
  6. J

Help moderators

Seems that we have a problem child aboard!
  7. J

hosta photos

I thought it would be fun for all of us having an addiction to Hostas to start a new thread. This is my first attempt at posting photos here, so bear with me. This first one is Orange Marmalade the second one is Sagae.
  8. J

Heart Healthy Recipes

Just wondering if anyone has any tried and true low fat, low cholesterol recipes that they would like to share. My common sense is telling me whole grains, fresh and frozen fruit and veggies, and lean cuts of meat and fish...
  9. J

Need a shrub

Ok, let's hear the ideas...I need three shrubs (same variety) that will grow less than 2 feet tall and aren't big spreaders. They can be evergreen or deciduous and can be flowering or not. So far in the bed I have a fragrant viburnum standard on the corner, 3 pygmy crimson barberries, 5 double...
  10. J

Brugmansia

My new Brug arrived today. We have potted him up and he looks pretty good. He is a double pink. I guess that I should call him a she, but I normally call my trees boys. I am excited to watch this one grow.
  11. J

Fast growing annual vine

I am thinking about how to create some more shade in my Hosta bed without putting something in that is permanent. I haven't given this enough hours of thought to come up with something on my own. I know that there are some fast growing vines that would do, please recommend some. I need to...
  12. J

Orienpet lilies

Has anyone tried any of these? If so, are they tough enough to hold up to gusty winds? They look amazing to me, but I am hesitant, as the area that I am thinking about for them is unprotected. The bed that I am planning for my new German Iris that I just ordered from Gilbert Wild will have...
  13. J

Abelia grandiflora 'Mardi Gras'

I need two or 3 shrubs to fill out the northeast bed along the house. I like the looks of this one but have never had any Abelias. Anybody have any experience?
  14. J

quinoa

I want to start eating quinoa, but have never made it before. Anyone have any good recipes?
  15. J

Raised Beds

Ok, all of you out there with raised beds, I need your help. We are going to put in a smallish raised bed for our veggies this year. I would like to get your input in how to make it...ie, what wood? etc. I have never done a raised bed garden.
  16. J

Culinary and Medicinal herbs.

ok, that didn't work, let me try some more, hubby is giving me too many instructions at the same time.
  17. J

roundleaf greenbriar

who has experience with this obnoxious and painful weed? I got advice from the local garden center to cut it all the way back and then treat it with full strength brush be gone. I am afraid that I will have to spend many hours cutting it all back. We started on it last year and spent an hour...
  18. J

orchids

I got two new orchids for Valentines day, one is a dendrobium, one is a phalenopsis(sp), I know that some of you out there grow them, give me some tips. I read online that they only want 3 tablespoons of water per week, that is kinda hard for me as I always drench my plants when they are dry...
  19. J

Begonias

I don't usually watch Martha Stewart, but had it on this morning and it got me in the spring spirit even more. She had a guy from Logee's greenhouse on talking about begonias. He had some pretty cool ones. I checked out their website and they have some really cool things.
  20. J

Echinacea propagation.

I keep wondering that how you propagate echinacea. I know that you can grow it from seed if you don't care if it comes back true to the parent. I am sure that all of these great new cultivars are from Tissue Culture. I am not sure about starting them from cuttings, as, in my many years doing...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back