Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. latebloomer

What herbs will you grow in 2017?

I have oregano,thyme,and sweet marjoram, sage and Clary that overwintered. Just planted dill and plan on at least three different kinds of basil!
  2. latebloomer

Happy Spring!

Hi friends both old and new! Wishing each and everyone a happy spring.
  3. latebloomer

What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

48 and Raining!!! Yeah!
  4. latebloomer

What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

It rained ALL day here in Northern California. I know we need water and the fire danger is brutal but even my ducks are wet and unhappy!
  5. latebloomer

Blooming Bromeliad

Wow,Crabber,that brom is amazing!
  6. latebloomer

Plant ID: Type of squash/pumpkin and other plant

I'm with Kya on the possible Wonderberry, have it checked out BEFORE sampling.
  7. latebloomer

Happy Fathers Day

happy,happy,joy,joy to all the dads!
  8. latebloomer

Please pray for Randy

Boy, I bet you were glad to be rid of the monitor! I only had to wear one for two days and was glad to have it off. Did you have to do a diary too? I feel for you,Randy. Hope you are having a wonderful Father's Day!
  9. latebloomer

Please pray for Randy

Randy, please take it slow and listen to both bosses! I imagine the pain of the gallstones is no picnic. Time to let others take care of YOU. Blessings to you and yours.
  10. latebloomer

Making your own inexpensive potting mix

You can compost or put the Guinea pig poop in the worm bin. It should be fine even directly into the garden because they are herbivores, but just in case the piggies have a bacterial issue (like guardia) I would let it rest a bit. I'm showing my scatology penchant again here!
  11. latebloomer

What's your favorite game show?

Jeopardy is my favorite. Then Wheel of Fortune. I play Scrabble on my PC everyday.
  12. latebloomer

I should have said rabbit manure (blush) not the whole rabbit!
  13. latebloomer

Kokabel, do you know anyone with a rabbit? Wonderful in anything..worm bins,raised beds,compost piles, and making manure "tea".
  14. latebloomer

Help Identify this ornamental Cabbage! Please!

Peacock Kale is a brassica. It is a cool season crop. It may be used as any other kale in recipes. It overwinters well. It benefits from frost which improves its sweetness and color. The one in your picture looks like a cross between a red ( Brassica oleracea 'Red Peacock'} and a white. You...
  15. latebloomer

Help Identify this ornamental Cabbage! Please!

Hi,the second picture is peacock kale. One of my favorites,though they are all beautiful.
  16. latebloomer

New USDA Map

Well,my zone has changed...how about yours? http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/#
  17. latebloomer

How to make this forum grow?

Hi Bob, What caused me to join were the people I had met when we were all on the other "other" site. What caused me to join that site were the FREE SEEDS. I really believe that if we had the free seed thing here we would grab more people and if we had a seed exchange (not plant trades as...
  18. latebloomer

Helpful websites

Bravo! Great thread all! Also sad about value seeds,its just not the same without them.
  19. latebloomer

Guess That Insect-Look & Learn Game

CG, is that a cicada nymph?
  20. latebloomer

Cleaning bird droppings

In pet stores they sell an organic spray that cleans bird poop off of wrought iron cages. I think it has orange oil in it and it will not hurt your plants,fence or the birds.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back