Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Bernie

I'm baaaaaack!!!!

OMG! I can't tell you how much I've missed you all. Our remodel will be going down in the record books as taking the longest time to complete the smallest amount of work. It took them nearly two months but they actually only worked for ten days and some were short days at that. Very...
  2. Bernie

Wanted Variegated Solomon’s Seal

I saw this plant years ago and feel in love with it. I drove three hours to buy one at a nursery only to have it die a week later. I planted seeds but none sprouted. I really REALLY want one. If anyone has a healthy plant to share I would love to give it a good home. I prefer the variegated...
  3. Bernie

The Mom Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX6flpUweIQ
  4. Bernie

Coconut turnovers

I love these. In Hawaii you can find these and apple turnovers anywhere that sells donuts. I sometimes cheat and use store bought pie crust or puff pastry for the shell. The recipe calls for fresh coconut but since I moved to WA and don’t have coconuts on my doorstep any more I use the...
  5. Bernie

The most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

My Sister sent me this recipe and I can't wait to try it. I don't have cocoa in the house. Bahumbug. 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE 4 tablespoons flour 4 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons cocoa 1 egg 3 tablespoons milk...
  6. Bernie

Stretch That Bird

DH and I love those Rotisserie chickens at Costco but can’t eat a whole one. I buy the biggest bird then de-bone the leftovers. I freeze it in 1 cup packages and pull it out as needed. It’s great on top of chef’s salad. Here are some other ways I use the leftovers. Creamy Chicken...
  7. Bernie

Crock Pot Recipes Link

I got this e-mail and thought you all might be interested. There are some interesting recipes. Hummm wonder which one I'll try first. WOW, this is great... Just click on the meal and presto- there's the recipe. If you don't own a "Crock Pot" well, go get one! :)...
  8. Bernie

Weights and measures

After dozens of phone calls from my kids I made a cookbook of their favorite recipes for them. I included the following charts which has been helpful to me and to them. Bernie Measures 2 cups =1 pint 2 pints = 1 quart 4 quarts = 1 gallon 16 tablespoons = 1 cup 4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup...
  9. Bernie

Corn bread cake

CORN BREAD CAKE Preheat oven 350 3 Cups Bisquick 1 ½ C Sugar 2/3 Cup Yellow Corn Meal ¼ Tsp. Baking Soda ¼ Tsp. Baking Powder 5 Eggs beaten 1/ ½ C Butter or margarine soften 1 ¼ C Milk Combine eggs, milk and butter. Beat Pour liquid ingredients into dry, mix just enough so...
  10. Bernie

Hello From WA State

Hi Everyone! I was looking for some plant info last night and found you all. I was thrilled to see some names I know. Hi Laurie/Mainegal how are you? I hope you are all mended and ready for spring. Spider_Lily/Kay, 'Tiny' is sitting on top of my computer smiling down at me. :) Hi...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back