Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. myfedora

Bird Calls...

LOL Cute story!
  2. myfedora

Mum

Bought mums early this summer and now they are blooming. This one is very pretty I think but I don't have a name for it. The petals are like tubes.
  3. mum3

mum3

New Mum planted in early summer.
  4. myfedora

Compost Tea?

Well I compost but only what I get from around the house. Coffee grounds, banana Peels, other veggie scraps. I get manure about every 2 years and spread over the whole garden and till it under couple weeks before I plant. I don't buy anything special just to put around my plants. I don't really...
  5. myfedora

My Garden Fence and Sunflowers

I had to post these pictures. My hubby is so proud of the way his fence looks. We are not even completely done with it. Hoping we will finish it sometime next year. Also he wanted to show how big our sunflowers got. We had to plant them twice because the rabbits kept eating them. Rabbits around...
  6. myfedora

Tomatoes

Well I started the plants from seed and they can either be...... Big Boys, Early Girls, or Celebrity. The tomatoes grew at different rates but they all ended up being pretty much the same size.
  7. myfedora

What do you dehydrate

I don't own a dehydrator.
  8. myfedora

Tomatoes

My Maters This is what I got off 2 plants today. This year has been the best and biggest tomatoes I have ever had. I took about 1/3 of them and made juice, got 9 quarts. The rest are not ripe enough yet.
  9. myfedora

Planting Tomatoes in the ground, setup help

Well I can't tell you what I used this year because it is a secret until hubby gets a patent on it. Here is a picture of this years tomatoes. These are just off 2 plants and I have 6 plants all together. I have to admit these are the nicest and biggest tomatoes I have ever grown. I hate keeping...
  10. myfedora

Taters

Oh my I went out yesterday to dig some potatoes and found taters instead LOL. Look at the size, I am holding it my hand. A lot of the potatoes are this size and I will have a bunch of them. It will only take 1 potato to make fried potatoes for 2 people.
  11. myfedora

Mammoth Sunflower

I bought these seeds from the Dollar Store. Everyone that I planted came up.
  12. myfedora

Flower or weed?

Yikes! $120! Bad dog bad
  13. myfedora

Our winter was weird and now my roses suffer.

I am in Ohio and I hear ya! I had a rose die that grew great last year and one that almost died. But the rest of them look horrid. I blame it on crazy weather!
  14. myfedora

Flower or weed?

Well haven't pulled them yet, hubby likes them and wants to keep them. Is the only thing the rabbits are not eating. Am going to try the liquid fence and see if that actually works. Maybe it will keep the pup away too. I'm not sure what to do.
  15. myfedora

Mammoth Sunflower

Yes it is the stalk is bigger than a baseball bat.
  16. myfedora

Flower or weed?

Sorry sfishergirl I was in a hurry when I posted the last one. We have several bee farms around here and although I haven't seen any bees around it you never know. That is where I get my honey. Also the neighbors have a new puppy that loves to run over into my yard and grab flowers before they...
  17. myfedora

Flower or weed?

From what I read, everything about this plant is dangerous. It can contaminate honey even. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura_stramonium
  18. myfedora

Flower or weed?

Well now I know, it is a dangerous and invasive weed. So tomorrow I will get my gloves on and pull them up. At least I got a pretty picture of the bloom :D
  19. myfedora

Mammoth Sunflower

Here is a picture of one of my sunflowers that hasn't bloomed yet. We have a few around the garden. The fence is 4 1/2' tall.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back