Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. myfedora

Mum

Bought mums early this summer and now they are blooming. This one is very pretty I think but I don't have a name for it. The petals are like tubes.
  2. myfedora

My Garden Fence and Sunflowers

I had to post these pictures. My hubby is so proud of the way his fence looks. We are not even completely done with it. Hoping we will finish it sometime next year. Also he wanted to show how big our sunflowers got. We had to plant them twice because the rabbits kept eating them. Rabbits around...
  3. myfedora

Taters

Oh my I went out yesterday to dig some potatoes and found taters instead LOL. Look at the size, I am holding it my hand. A lot of the potatoes are this size and I will have a bunch of them. It will only take 1 potato to make fried potatoes for 2 people.
  4. myfedora

Mammoth Sunflower

Here is a picture of one of my sunflowers that hasn't bloomed yet. We have a few around the garden. The fence is 4 1/2' tall.
  5. myfedora

Flower or weed?

This came up in my flower bed and was wondering if anyone knows what it is.
  6. myfedora

Wave petunias

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether the wave petunia seeds will be good or not. I'm not sure if the wave is a hybrid or not. I took some seed from mine yesterday.
  7. myfedora

ID Please Help

I bought this and it is a annual. I can't think of what the name is.
  8. myfedora

Here's whats blooming in my yard

This is all my new blooms. I have lots that is getting ready to bloom. 1. Butter cups 2. Happy Returns Day Lilly 3. Lavender 4. Red and Yellow Yarrow 5. Yellow Yarrow
  9. myfedora

My newest flower bed

The sandstone going around the bed is from the house when the lightning stuck the chimney. I spent a couple hours chiseling the mortar off. The fence is made out of recycled wood and so is the wheelbarrow. The bibs is what I made with the spar urethane. It is mostly violas except for a pansy...
  10. myfedora

Carrots

Does anyone grow carrots? I got carrot seed from Grow A Row for the Hungry but I have never done carrots before.:confused:
  11. myfedora

Peony Tree bloom

Here is my big white Peony Tree. It survived the rain and the wind.
  12. myfedora

Soil

How can I add this to my soil. calcium and magnesium carbonate. Can I buy something from the store? I think egg shells add calcium but I need now.
  13. myfedora

My garden bench

This is my garden bench that I put in the middle of my big arbor. Since this is one of your common concrete benches I decided to make it different that everyone else. I painted the raised design on it to make it pop more. Once the paint dries I am going to weather protect the concrete with water...
  14. myfedora

Direct Gardening

I was wondering if anyone has ordered from direct gardening? They have the re blooming josee lilac that I really want for $9. But I have never ordered from them.
  15. myfedora

Rose Grades

Can someone explain the differences between rose grade. Today me and a friend went looking at roses. Some said Grade 1, Grade 1 1/2, and Grade 2. We wasn't sure about which was better so we went with 1 1/2. They were all the same price so couldn't figure it out!:eek:
  16. myfedora

Peony Tree

I have 3 Peony Trees. One was here when I moved in. I put another one in a couple of years ago and just planted a new one 2 weeks ago. All 3 of them have buds on them. I am so excited!!! The one I planted 2 weeks ago I didn't think I was going to get blooms from it for a couple of years. Can't...
  17. myfedora

Don't do this!

Don't stain lattice with a paint brush in shorts and sandals. I'm going to have fun scrubbing my legs and feet!:D
  18. myfedora

How do you delete?

I can't edit my trade list. Can someone help me?
  19. myfedora

Red Raspberry

I have a red raspberry that is right behind my shed and is in the shade most of the time. It gives a few berries each year but doesn't seem to grow much. I was wondering if it would be better to move it to a sunny place in the yard?
  20. myfedora

My tree needs help!

I did some research on the internet about my red maple. From what I can tell my tree is suffering from sun scald. It said to put white tape or something on it. But can't you paint a tree? I see trees that the bottoms are painted white. I was just wondering what kind of paint you should use?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back