Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. curbhopper

RE: Curbie.....

This is Curbie's daughter, Sherrie. I wanted to let you all know how special her garden friends were to her. She spoke of these forums so often that I feel like I know you all! The Christmas pickle, oh my, I think she bought out all of them in existence and I remember her telling me about...
  2. curbhopper

What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

Hi folks ~ It's been raining here for 3 days. Tornado watches, etc. I honestly didn't know you could HAVE a tornado in Maryland. Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings . Nice evening to all. Curbie.
  3. curbhopper

Our full moon was outstanding. I'm only growing tomato plants this year, along with coleus. We have so many plants in this yard. I just cut rhododendron this morning & peonies. I was ambitious abuot 2 months ago but I lost interet b/c MTM decided to start cooking. Talk about a total disaster...
  4. curbhopper

It rained all night but now it's up to about 58° and expected to get to about 60°. Have a nice day all. Curbie
  5. curbhopper

Wwe had an odd day. Sometimes it was cold & gray but then the sun would come out. Depnded on when you caught 'the day. Hey, what about that full moon? No howling, Ron. :) Curbie
  6. curbhopper

We have had such a weird day. Brilliant sunshine this morning & now the clouds rolled in & it's snowing/raining. I guess that's why it's called 'weather' ~ it's going to happen whether we want it to happen or not. Stay tuned for more at 11PM. Curbster ☼
  7. curbhopper

We didn't miss 'the storm' . We got 6 inches of snow which changes back & forth to snow, sleet & rain. Backyard is nicely flooded. Right now, it's snowing heavily again. Darn weather-guessers. :) Curbie
  8. curbhopper

(Maybe you could light a match, Randy.) Brilliant sunshine but a high to be 40°. What about snow in the mid-west? Nothing like SPRING! Enojy the day we've been given ! Curbie
  9. curbhopper

We can't seem to get rid of our wind either, Laurie. 17° is rather brisk, Ron. Our high today is supposed to be about 42° but we have this wind chill factor so it will feel like 30°. Have a pleasant day all. Curbie
  10. curbhopper

We had brilliant sunshine this morning. I even went out & tackled some gardening on our tiered 'wall'. But I got busy doind a million other things so I stopped on 'The Wall' about 3PM. I laugh when MTM asks, "ACCOUNT for yourself young lady!" I'm never sure what I do all day but I know I am not...
  11. curbhopper

Well, it was suppposed to rain the last 2 days and we didn't get a drop. Today is cloudy but tonight we're supposed to get rain & then snow (?) SO, :) I don't have a clue what it's supposed to do! Maybe we'll have an earthquake or a hurricane. Curbie
  12. curbhopper

We had a windy but sunny day today. It really was kind of cold. We're supposed to get rain for 3 days. Oh, joy :) Curbie
  13. curbhopper

We have a sunny but windy day (again) Supposed to get to about 64° but b/c of the winds, it doesn't feel like it can reach 64°. Have a nice day everyone.
  14. curbhopper

We had a beautiful sunny day with a high about 58°. It should be cold and crisp tonight b/c the sky is so clear. Curbz
  15. curbhopper

Our snow came when it was 36°. We have a beautiful sunny day but there won't be too much melting b/c the high today is supposed to be a roaring 42°. Have a nice day all. (How are Hedy & your Mom, Ron?) Curbie
  16. curbhopper

Ihad a friend who lived in Hawaii & she got VERY tired of Hawaii. She grew up there as parents were of Asian/Pacific descent. Julie Kunishima. She loved when she got out of Hawaii. Daffs in BLOOM! Lucky you! Our snow bwgan to melt a bit today & II shoveled a path to the recycling bins. We'll...
  17. curbhopper

Well, we have a full-blown blizzard herre in the D.C. area. 9-> 12 inches or more expected. When I jokingly told my neighbor "Let it snow, let it snow,let it snow", I didn't really expect THIS much. It's a very heavy snow,too. Curbie
  18. curbhopper

Enjoy the wedding,lyn. Our high today is supposed to be 38°. It's going up from....35°. I'm sure we'll notice that increase. Have a nice day everyone. Curbie
  19. curbhopper

We ended up with snow & sleet & rain. Other than that, it was a lovely day. :) Curbie
  20. curbhopper

I'd love to see the ice banks, Ron. We're supposed to have a mix (now really pay attention to this weather-guesser), sleet, snow, and rain with a chance of sunshine. I guess whatever falls out of the sky will be welcome.......These guys are a bundle of clowns. I have never been in a 'profession'...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com