Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. E

Is this a flower?

Kona Dianthus in full bloom landscape Gardner Coventry
  2. E

Carnivorous Container Garden

carnivorous and insectivorous plants, divided into two main groups, depending on whether they passively or actively trap their food. Artificial Grass suppliers
  3. E

Garden Lighting Ideas

Last fall, I bought/potted an amazing white bird of paradise as an "accent" for my dining room. Unfortunately, I failed to think about the fact that the trees outside had no leaves at the time, and that sunlight would be greatly reduced in the spring... When the outside trees' leaves came in, I...
  4. E

2 lawn fertilizer questions

I'm trying to time my spreading of the fertilizer right before the next rainfall. Artificial grass Coventry If I spread it one day, and it does'nt rain for two days, will the fertilizer be less effective because I did'nt water it in right away?
  5. E

Lawn Watering Tips

Artificial grass is widely used these days for its being friendly with environment, low maintenance cost and immunity to pests. Preparation is the most significant but trickiest part of fake turf installation. Artificial Grass installers Coventry
  6. E

pond cleaning is tough

Clean pond water for your garden fish pool is not difficult to accomplish if you understand a few basic principles. All fishponds need three things: clean water, fish and oxygen.
  7. E

Moss in my lawn.

My front lawn is full of moss, we have put two lots of moss killer on i spent hours making it out but it doesn't seem much better, there is still so much moss in it and now it even looks patchy. Any tips? Should i put more moss killer on? Put some feed on the lawn? put lawn seed on? Any help and...
  8. E

Pendeen Gardening Club - re-starting

Pendeen gardeners and allotment holders. How about getting together & producing vegetables to sell at your local village market at Pendeen Parish Hall as a cooperative. Grass Coventry
  9. E

manure for your garden

I collect horse manure in the Fall, till it into my garden with compost at that time. I have had great success with it. Artificial Grass Coventry
  10. E

lawns, a love hate relationship

Fake grass can be directly pasted onto an existing lawn if the ground has a good drainage system. However, it will not be a satisfactory system in the long run. Artificial Grass Suppliers
  11. E

reel lawn mowers

Fiskars is making one that seems to have good reviews... Artificial Grass Installers
  12. E

My garden over the last 12 months of 2013

My garden is informal and cottagey type planting. The border measures 8m wide by 3m deep and is fenced at the back. Artificial Grass Installers
  13. E

manure for your garden

The plants are started from seeds in a greenhouse, then transplanted into the garden...where they seem to be dying. Usually the garden is flourishing this time of year. Only difference is, there is much more manure on the garden this year. Could that burn the soil and be killing the plants...
  14. E

Best gardening books you've used?

Small-space gardeners or anyone looking for ideas on how to creatively Best gardening books plant garden rooms.
  15. E

Shade Garden Design

Thanks for the input. I already have a couple of beautiful pyramid cedars close to the area in question and was looking for something a little different as I have so many cedars and shrubs. The area in question does get a lot of shade. Artificial Grass Installers
  16. E

reel lawn mowers

I have one but use it rarely. The gas mower has a bagger. Sure is handy to collect those clippings. I've seen a reel mower with bagger attachment. Some reel mowers are self-sharpening. Be on the lookout for this feature.
  17. E

Cleanup before new lawn

Seems pretty normal to me- it's typical to charge for a spring and fall cleanup and the monthly lawn bill is about right. Fall cleanup is getting rid of leaves- quite the mess and it costs your lawn company money to get rid of them, don't forget. That's not all profit to them. Their overhead is...
  18. E

Lawn Watering Tips

Water in the early morning (before sunrise) when water pressure is greatest, evaporation is minimal and the lawn drinks in the most water. Do not water in the evening because water will sit on the lawn and may cause disease. Do not water in the heat of the day because the sun will evaporate...
  19. E

Killdeer in the garden!

The nesting bird was a Killdeer, a member of the Plover family, which are mostly shorebirds but the Killdeer is often found far from the shore
  20. E

Help identifying odd growth?

Do/did you have a productive summer garden? Anyone planting a fall garden? Despite bountiful rain and mild temperatures my garden has been only okay so far.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back