Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Kchar

Wisteria Trees

Sorry, Jade, I can't help you with that. We have wisteria covering a pergola providing blessed shade in the summer. I was hesitant to plant, as they are so invasive, but I couldn't resist :) And it is so beautiful. The home behind us has wisteria tangled in their 50 foot pine trees. The...
  2. Kchar

First Asparagus harvest of the year yesterday

Darn, they were good! and my dear husband always lets me have the lion's share. I would highly recommend everyone plant some. After harvest, the plants get tall and look beautiful, would look very nice along a fence line if you don't have room in your vege patch. Regards, Kimberly
  3. Kchar

Herb for shady area?

Thank you so much! Those would be great, and the raised beds will keep some of the more invasive varieties contained. I appreciate the input! ~Kimberly
  4. Kchar

Herb for shady area?

Hi, everyone! I have a raised bed vegetable garden. One small corner (about 3' by 6') is now in relative shade (adjacent tree grew larger than anticipated!). I have enough remaining vege garden space that I am not worried about this portion, but I would like to utilize it. Are there herbs...
  5. Kchar

Onion Sets arrived today!

The Texas Supersweet onion sets I ordered from Burpee arrived today, so I'll get those planted this weekend. I really miss not having these guys in the winter (we don't have a basement or garage I can store vegetables in, and I don't like to freeze the onions) Ahhh, Spring, ya gotta love it...
  6. Kchar

Vitamins for your Plants

Thanks, Bob, for handling. I enjoy the peace that gardening, and speaking with other gardeners, brings. "greenthumbs'" tirade raised my blood pressure! Differing opinions and methods is great, but rants and name calling shouldn't have a place here. ~Kimberly
  7. Kchar

Help with Green Beans please

Thank you all for your help. Provided I have a good harvest, I try to freeze some without parboil, and will can others. Thank you very much! Regards, Kimberly
  8. Kchar

Shredded downed trees for mulch?

Hi, Flower: Yes, I was told by the tree guy to let it age four about four months before I use it. So I can put it in the back of my property to age, and use it in the fall or next spring.
  9. Kchar

Help with Green Beans please

Hi, I love green beans, but ones that I preserved just didn't turn out right. I parboil and freeze, but they turned out rubbery when I served them in the winter. Tried different parboiling times, but there didn't seem to be any difference. I didn't try to can them, as I don't like...
  10. Kchar

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions. I'll have the tree guy leave it in my driveway and move it to the back of the property for use in the fall or next spring.
  11. Kchar

Hi, during this weekend's storm, we lost a few large pine trees. A tree guy is coming by today to give me a price on removal. I wonder if I can have them mulch the trees and leave the mulch in my driveway to use around my garden? I have an acre with trees, shrubs, flowers around the border...
  12. Kchar

hedge suggestions

Hi, I would recommend Mountain Laurel - if planted close enough to fence otherwise he/she can get behind the plant. They grow quickly, thrive with little care in sun or shade. They are too dense for my dogs to run through.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back