Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Trax

Flower ID Please

This flower comes back every year in exactly the same spot so I think it may be a perennial but I don't know what kind of flower it is. It looks really cool and the flower heads are about the size of my fist. Sorry if the photo is kinda blurry but I got stung by a wasp on my hand before I shot...
  2. Trax

My Voodoo lily

And other house plants I'm growing. But for now, the Voodoo lily. :D I wanted to start a thread to monitor my progress with this plant and it's progressing faster than I expected. I just noticed today that it sprouted and I planted the corm almost 4" deep 2 weeks ago. That's fast and the stem is...
  3. Trax

Trax Veggies 2014

Gardening has been kinda limited this summer but I am growing a few things and I plan to add more. Here's a few of the edibles - and one house plant. The voodoo Lily corm. I potted it up today so I'll be posting more photos when it comes up. The corm has 3-4 small healthy stems starting so it...
  4. Trax

Anyone else gardening in extreme heat?

Or "What to grow if you live in the Mojave Desert", lol. :p I thought I made a thread for this but I can't find it now. Anyway, Maybe this will help other gardeners who live in hot climates and don't know what they can grow. Please share any experiences you've had with growing plants in hot...
  5. Trax

Help!! Does anyone grow Peonies?

Last summer my Peonies totally died but they came back this year. We've had sun and 100's for more than a week and they're starting to burn really bad. They're in full sun. Should I transplant them to a shady garden? What can I do to save them and get them to flower? Any help will be very very...
  6. Trax

My Pineapple Project

I really didn't think Pineapples would grow here but I was def wrong. They love hot weather! I started this one by cutting off the top of a pineapple mom bought at the store. The leaves were tuff and green (that's very important) and I made the cut about 1 inch from the top. Then I hung the...
  7. Trax

The World History of Climate Change

I'm starting this thread to answer a question that Curbie asked but I think it would be a cool place to discuss topics and events about climate change. All climate change and unusual weather events are welcome but please no radical political debates. Thanks. :) The question was "What is the...
  8. Trax

My bamboo project in 2012

Hi guyz! :D I picked this section cause bamboo is used a lot as a shrub... but mine wouldn't be as easy to do that with, lol. :p It's about 30 feet tall now and I'm preparing to add new rhizome barriers and use a lot of the ground for veggies. I shot these pics a half hour ago and I'm still...
  9. Trax

My plants from Crabbergirl

Ron wanted to see my Mexican Petunia I got from Crabbergirl but I like all those plants sooo much I decided to start a new thread and show out! :D I've been way busy so I only have a few shots right now that I took today. The 1st on is the Mexican Petunia. It's getting huge and looking...
  10. Trax

Plants CrabberGirl sent me!

I was totally busy all weekend with St Patricks day, a friend's birthday, well, you can wait for the book, lol! :eek: And I was getting behind with my school stuff too but I finally have some free time, yay! :D Here's some photos I took of the plants CrabberGirl sent me! They're awesome! I...
  11. Trax

Some new flowers I'm trying out

I helped mom plant pansies this weekend and she bought me 2 annual flowers to try. :D I'll prolly plant them around my banana plants when I get them - after it warms up some more. Here's the pansies. She'll prolly get some more colors too but I def like these. Pansies by Trax, on Flickr...
  12. Trax

My new house plant hobby.

After last summer's heat wave I decided to try growing plants indoors. It's working! :) There are green and red peppers on my hot pepper plants in the window and all my other indoor plants are doing great! Anyway, here's 2 more plants I got yesterday for my collection! :D The 1st one is called...
  13. Trax

Need help with onions and garlic

I left a big purple onion and a garlic in a pan to see if they would sprout and they did. But I don't know how to grow onions or garlic. I'd really appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks! :)
  14. Trax

Passion Fruit Pie

The prob with Passion fruit is that it tastes great but it takes too long to eat very much of it. But you can make a whole pie - with zero cooking - and get tons of flavor faster. :D Here's a good and easy recipe for that. PASSION FRUIT PIE - ZERO COOKING THE CRUST: 1 package of butter cookies...
  15. Trax

Show us your Autumn 2011 flowers!

We didn't have very many cause of the heat wave but mom bought these mums to replace the ones that didn't survive. :D If you have some Autumn flowers blooming, please share! :) Flowers1 by Trax, on Flickr Flowers2 by Trax, on Flickr
  16. Trax

Bushes that love heat and drought

Mom's Blue Hydrangea and Holly bush died after we had a record breaking hot July this year. RonsGarden helped me with a great idea called Desert Sweet Fernbush. We decided to get that since it looks awesome and it's perfect for our climate, and a Blue Plumbago bush. The Plumbago isn't perfect...
  17. Trax

Sour dough bread

I've been helping make bread (and making it by myself) for about a year now. This is the recipe I always use for yeast bread but I'd like to learn other recipes too. If you have an interesting recipe that you use, please share. :) Thanks! SOUR DOUGH BREAD OR BREAD STICKS EXTRA INFO: This...
  18. Trax

An awesome looking daffodil!

My aunt grows these and she forgot to bring them in for the winter. They survived and she gave my brother and me some to grow. The flower is amazing so I wanted to share! :D It's called a Peruvian Daffodil. 2 that we planted in the garden. They'll bloom when summer starts! Peru Daffodil 1...
  19. Trax

My veggie garden

I haven't been able to do a lot of work on it but my leg's healing and I'm getting back on it again! :D Anyway, here's some of the veggies I'm growing this year. There's more and I'll add photos of the others when I can. I do have to give my little brother big ups too cause he's been doing a...
  20. Trax

Help!!!! Passion vines!

I helped rescue some plants called Passion vines and got to take 6 of them home in a pot! :D But I dont know anything about how to take care of them indoors for the winter. They are called Passiflora Caerulea. If anybody knows how to keep them alive in the winter, I would def appreciate any info...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back