2 lawn fertilizer questions

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

prr

I have always thought that 16-16-16 was good for all lawns, but after close examination of the bag's instructions (always a good idea!) I see that it says that it is for starter lawns.

I'd rather avoid the hassle of keeping different fertilizers for spring, summer, and fall feedings, so is there one type that I can apply consistently throughout the year?

Also, how often can I feed it? At this point, the lawn (even though I used sod a few years ago) is struggling, and I'd like to apply it as often as I possibly can, to get it to grow healthy. My bag of triple 16 says every 4-6 weeks, but that sounds like an awful lot of fertilizer, and I'm wondering if they're just trying to sell lots of product.

I'm trying to time my spreading of the fertilizer right before the next rainfall.
Artificial grass Coventry
If I spread it one day, and it does'nt rain for two days, will the fertilizer be less effective because I did'nt water it in right away?

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm trying to time my spreading of the fertilizer right before the next rainfall.
Artificial grass Coventry
If I spread it one day, and it does'nt rain for two days, will the fertilizer be less effective because I did'nt water it in right away?

Makes no differance if it doesn't rain for a few days. The effect of the fertilizer will just be delayed until it rains.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com