2011 plantings

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone started planing what to plant this next spring. Of course I have the perennials that come back but then there are the annuals I will need to put in.
I am thinking
basil, maybe purple ruffles for a change,
a little cilantro
some common sage,

any other Ideas? I will entertain them.
What are you putting in?

Kya D

I need to get a new herb garden in this year.
I want to plant only perennials sage, oregano, parsley, chives, garlic chives, and the like.

curbhopper

OMGosh, if my husband doesn't stop planting, I'm going to stick his head in a pot of dirt. He decided to plant shamrock seeds in this thing he bought that has 50 'pots'. He wanted to go to a boat show yesterday and I said,"I'll stay here b/c I want to plant some seeds." I'LL PLANT MORE SHAMROCKS~no......i'm going to hit you in the the head with a rock.....I am planting some of MY seeds! So 'we' (that's really Mike, i'm not 'allowed' any more....STAND BACK! I'M PLANTING!)started dill,chives,parsley,cilantro, and basil. Oh, and both starter kits are.....on the kitchen counter top...I've retired from cooking I guess. Curbie :)

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lyn,
This info is right on for you bit others may have to wait.
I planted my cilantro last fall and I have so much I am cutting bunches to trade at the produce stand. I get $ for $ in trade value. Mostly the only thing I want is tomatoes or maybe squash so it works well for me. Plant your lettuce now and even crops you would plant in fall. Even though you said herbs.......cole crops such as greens, caulifower and so on. Onions will do well right now although it is a little late for garlic. Plant garlic in Sept and harvest in May or June ;)

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh my gosh I forgot the garlic again. I will get some onions out when the get the sets or plants in. It shouldn't be long now. I always leave a few onions in the ground over the winter. I noticed the last time I was working in the garden that they are growing well.
I'm hoping to get settled into my schedule at school soon and find a time to work in the garden. With going to 3 different campuses last semester I didn't get much time in the garden.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com