A daily bird then?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kildale

Not too much interest in the daily insect and fungi so how about a daily bird. All taken on the sun deck.

Attachments

• 21nuthatch.jpg
    21nuthatch.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 342

rockhound

Nice photo. My local birds are so skittish they fly away when I open the door, much less get close enough for them to eat out of my hand. Kudos for your patience.

Kildale

Todays bird is the Anna's Hummingbird, the male.

Attachments

• 25Anna's Hummingbird male.jpg
    25Anna's Hummingbird male.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 340

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
We get those around here along with the golden-crowned. I was really surprised how many varieties of birds we had.

Kildale

We also get the golden crowned sparrow, neat bird. Today we have the friendly nuthatch.

Attachments

• 33red-breasted nuthatch.jpg
    33red-breasted nuthatch.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 328

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are cute little guys. I put hen scratch out for the chickens and they eat part of it, but they are pretty well-fed so they walk away from it too and the other birds move in. The juncos are here for the winter so there are lots of them.

Wombat

Lorikeets on palm tree flower feasting on the nectar :)

Attachments

• lorrikeets on palm flower.JPG
    lorrikeets on palm flower.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 328

Wombat

Thanks young Nancie! I like seeing all the Northern hemisphere birds too as they're completely different to the one we get here. This is a Sacred Kingfisher:)

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 327

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com