A friendly reminder

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

curbhopper

That would be great CG b/c in PA, they have MANY of them. There are always 3 blades on them and they are VERY tall. Navigational hazard. How tall is the BOAT? Where are these 'hazards' placed? People want inexpensive energy ( instead of say, gasoline) and 'they' can't understand that ELECTRICITY IS expensive. I really wish we could have them on this gas pipeline but I guess that's a conflict o interest b/c I doubt they can drill to put the turbines in. Lord knows the only sense I got was from my Dad. :) Guess it's b/c he was a scientist. Curbster

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
The turbines here, are totally under water in the river. But they are marked on all corners with what is called a dolphin piling and it must have lights. It is actually in the channel of the river, so that it catches the strongest current.
As much wind as we get here on the water , wind power seems like a no brainer.

E

eofog

Well,well, well....Isn't that a Warm Welcome!

Yes, Welcome all that enjoy gardening of ANY kind!

Last edited by a moderator:

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boy! We really went off topic!
Just remember:1/ NO POLITICS and 2/NO RELIGION!!!
Those two major rules as well as 3/NO LINKS FOR PERSONAL GAIN OR PROFIT
should keep us talking about gardening and gardening weather!!!

curbhopper

I'll be quiet, Ron. Thank you for everything you do on here and many appreciate it all. You are a hard worker. Thank you again. How's the lake? We're experincing a drought. Are you? Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com