Advice on growing lettuce and tomatillos

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I really want to start growing tomatillos but don't seem to know anything about growing them. The internet provides very little. I hear that you need to have at least 2-3 plants so they can cross pollinate?

Also I am trying to grow loose leaf lettuce but when I transplanted seedlings they all died..so I am willing to try again. This lettuce is heat resistant but I wanted to plant it near the peppers so they can get a bit of shade also they will have some space.

Any advice? :(

Hi Kallie,

No help on the Tomatillos other than what you just said. They do need a couple friends ;)
You should actually direct sow your lettuce. The little seedlings do not like to be moved. When you pplant them out doors make sure it is some where on the cool side. It is getting warm these days and the lettuce really likes it cool. Mine is planted in full shade right now. The few that are in the sun have already bolted and are no good to eat. Yuck! I actually harvested 2 heads this week. Almost time to give up on the lettuces. Try planting the mesculan mix , it tolerates a little bit better in the heat. ;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back