Aloe Vera Bottom leaves drying up.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Andrew Hensley

Hello,

My aloe Vera leaves at the bottom my my aloe are dying off. They seem like they are drying up from the stalk towards the leaf and eventually falling by off. It's almost like the main plant no longer wants that leaf so it decides to choke it off. Plant lives indoors next to a window for about the past year, but plant is maybe 4/5 years old. It always has a new sapling growing, about a new one everyone the newest sapling gets 3-4", which ends up about every month or so. Also I water it when the soil is dry the top 1-2", should I wait for more dryness? Water in is dependent on soil dryness but seems to be every 4-6 weeks if I had to guess of the top of my head. I can provide more information if needed, just let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    633 KB · Views: 1,040
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    926.9 KB · Views: 601
Hi Andrew!
It is normal for older lower leaves to die off. But, if you are losing them frequently then that is telling you that you are not watering enough.
When you water, do you use enough for excess water to run out the drainage holes?
Watering every 4-6 weeks is not enough.... every 2 weeks would be better as long as the plant is actively growing.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back