Amateur Gardener with Big Dreams!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

LadySmols

Hello all! My name is Leah and I am pretty stoked about finding a gardening forum. I have belonged to several forums over the years but this is my first stab at a home/garden one. If I tend to get overzealous and post like crazy at first please be patient with me, I'm just excited. :p

I have always had a passion for gardening, it was something my mother and I shared while I was growing up. Ever since I was a kid I wanted a huge and fantastic garden and now I can finally begin creating it. My husband and I have just recently (well...8 months ago) purchased our first home. The main reason I love it so much is that the yard is huge, the soil is fantastic and it practically a blank canvas. There was some minimal landscaping done and while the style may appeal to others I found it lackluster. So I have begun tearing out some of the old and slowly implementing my own. Due to time/money restrictions I am going slowly and plan to only really focus on one spot this season, the shade garden along the back fence. I'll start another topic in a more appropriate place as I have tons of questions for you guys, but that is where I stand at the moment.

Thanks in advance for putting up with me!!! :D

Sounds like my kind of fun!!
A word of advice is to keep in mind the mature size of each plant you select so you won't have to move them in a year or two.......think in terms of a 4 to 5 year plan!

Sounds exciting!
If you don't mind here's a planning top. Draw your plan to scale then cut pictures from seed and plant catalogs or magazines of things you want to plant and place them on your plan so you can get an idea of how the colors and plants work together.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back